+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Paid RPRF twice

SASIF

Star Member
Jul 9, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am a Pakistani applicant, originally from CIC Islamabad and later transferred to London. Due to some misunderstanding on my part, when I was asked to submit RPRF by London office, I submitted it locally like I had paid other dues when visa office was in Islamabad, and sent the proof to London along with other documents. After about 2 months I received a letter from London, marked as 2nd and final reminder for RPRF payment to London with an explanation of how to make that payment. I paid RPRF and sent the proof of payment.

After that I sent an e mail to islamabad explaining the situation to them and requesting the refund of fee paid in excess. In reply they directed me to send my application along with green slip (CIC's copy) of the bank to another address and said that the amount will be refunded in 15 days. I did that, but as I had already submitted CIC,s copy to London, I sent my own copy (yellow slip) as proof of payment.

More than 5 months have passed and I have not heard any thing from CIC Islamabad. Can any one guide me what steps should I take to get the refund or should I consider that amount to be lost.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How did you pay your RPRF? By cash, cheque, bank draft or credit card?

zulkfal

Sep 28, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/10/2009
Doc's Request.
15/12/2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
06/05/2010
IELTS Request
Submitted with Doc's
File Transfer...
22/12/2009
Med's Request
04/05/2011 (Dated: 24/04/2011)
Med's Done....
09/05/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08/07/2011
VISA ISSUED...
25/07/2011
LANDED..........
07-08-2011
SASIF said:
I am a Pakistani applicant, originally from CIC Islamabad and later transferred to London. Due to some misunderstanding on my part, when I was asked to submit RPRF by London office, I submitted it locally like I had paid other dues when visa office was in Islamabad, and sent the proof to London along with other documents. After about 2 months I received a letter from London, marked as 2nd and final reminder for RPRF payment to London with an explanation of how to make that payment. I paid RPRF and sent the proof of payment.

After that I sent an e mail to islamabad explaining the situation to them and requesting the refund of fee paid in excess. In reply they directed me to send my application along with green slip (CIC's copy) of the bank to another address and said that the amount will be refunded in 15 days. I did that, but as I had already submitted CIC,s copy to London, I sent my own copy (yellow slip) as proof of payment.

More than 5 months have passed and I have not heard any thing from CIC Islamabad. Can any one guide me what steps should I take to get the refund or should I consider that amount to be lost.
1. Did you kept a carbon copy of the receipt before mailing yellow or green slip to London. if yes then contact the SC branch where you paid the fees. Get a return from bank.
2. Write to London VO, and explain them that you need green slip because you have paid RPRF twice and the bank needs green slip to refund the first one. Bank must return you money, because CIC hasn't submitted the green slip the money is still resting with bank. In 8-12 months time it will be unrealized profit for stupid bank.

SASIF

Star Member
Jul 9, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
steaky said:
How did you pay your RPRF? By cash, cheque, bank draft or credit card?
I have an account in ST Chartered Bank, so just filled their receipt and they deducted the amount from my account.

SASIF

Star Member
Jul 9, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zulkfal said:
1. Did you kept a carbon copy of the receipt before mailing yellow or green slip to London. if yes then contact the SC branch where you paid the fees. Get a return from bank.
2. Write to London VO, and explain them that you need green slip because you have paid RPRF twice and the bank needs green slip to refund the first one. Bank must return you money, because CIC hasn't submitted the green slip the money is still resting with bank. In 8-12 months time it will be unrealized profit for stupid bank.
Yes I do have a photo copy.