+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

P.Eng APEGA (Professional Engineers of Alberta) review timeline

May 19, 2023

PlusUltraHWE

Sep 20, 2023
Hello Everyone.

I have a bachelor's degree from India, my Uni/College in India seems to be part of the washington accord as per the NBA wesbite and I graduated from a two year diploma program here in Canada but all of my 5+ years of work experience as a Hardware (Electronics Designer) Engineer is from working for established companies in Canada. I recently decided to apply for the P.Eng as my workplace is encouraging me to get one and they're willing to reimburse cost.

Going by what I'm reading online, it is not a straight forward process for someone with a B.Eng from abroad, like PEO for instance assigns technical exams if they think the courses that you took during your bachelor's degree is not sufficient. I hear APGEA is relatively easier but what exactly 'easier' entail? I'd really appreciate any response I can get regarding the matter.

aminenedjar90

Sep 22, 2017
hello ,
I applied for the PEng designation with APEGA back in 2021, where I had to fill the 22 competencies in the CBAT form, but my application was deferred and I was requested to complete 12 months of Canadian experience. Now that I have completed the 12 months of Canadian experience, I am considering requesting an update to get the PEng designation. My question is do I have to again fill the CBAT form with all the 22 competencies? I appreciate replies from people who went through the same process. Unfortunately, APEGA did not provide a clear answer when I emailed them about this.

barryk

Jan 6, 2018
hello ,
I applied for the PEng designation with APEGA back in 2021, where I had to fill the 22 competencies in the CBAT form, but my application was deferred and I was requested to complete 12 months of Canadian experience. Now that I have completed the 12 months of Canadian experience, I am considering requesting an update to get the PEng designation. My question is do I have to again fill the CBAT form with all the 22 competencies? I appreciate replies from people who went through the same process. Unfortunately, APEGA did not provide a clear answer when I emailed them about this.

barryk

Jan 6, 2018
No you don't. Just download the request for update for and send it. They will open up the work record section of your application for your PEng supervisor to validate the 12 mths experience. Once that is done they will send it to board at the usual slow pace they work at.

Reactions: aminenedjar90

Jethrovich

May 15, 2023
Hello Everyone,

I have over 10 years of practical experience internationally and 1 year of practical experience in Canada. I submitted my APEGA application using my WES evaluation of my first degree. My first degree was in Mechanical Engineering from Nigeria. My application is still yet to be reviewed by an experienced examiner, but it has been reviewed by an academic examiner.
I have now completed my Master's degree in Engineering Management in Canada. I want to know if it is advisable to update my academic records to include my master's degree as it might improve my chances of not being asked to write the FE exam.

aminenedjar90

Sep 22, 2017
No you don't. Just download the request for update for and send it. They will open up the work record section of your application for your PEng supervisor to validate the 12 mths experience. Once that is done they will send it to board at the usual slow pace they work at.
Thanks

Mark_0214

Oct 2, 2020
Hey guys, im applied for peng with apega recently and it says in my account that the internal review is in progress. How would i know if the processing has moved to the next stage?

May 19, 2023
Hey guys, im applied for peng with apega recently and it says in my account that the internal review is in progress. How would i know if the processing has moved to the next stage?
They will update in the system. Don't stress too much, they work at such a slow pace, each stage takes around a month at least to move forward

May 19, 2023
Hey guys, does anyone know whether the date related to "Case to Board" that shows on the system refers to the board meeting or the final decision letter?

sls

Mar 11, 2017
Hey guys, does anyone know whether the date related to "Case to Board" that shows on the system refers to the board meeting or the final decision letter?
Same going on my side too. It's shows "Case to Board" NOV 2023. I think they will have a board meeting on Nov.