+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OWP returned in error

Tarraaa

Jan 27, 2021
Hi everyone. I submitted our inland spousal sponsorship in June 2020 I received today my OWP returned due to insufficient payment. Thing is I paid the entire thing and included two receipts with my application. I have proof of the payment back in June for the full amount. Am I shit out of luck? Do I still get pushed to the back of the line due to THEIR error. Not sure what my options are besides just resending the receipt or waiting til I get AOR and applying online. Just super frustrated when this happens and it wasn’t your fault. I’m contacting my MLA and MP in regards to this whole situation doubt anything will come of it.

travelingrabbit

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
My understanding is that your application will be processed as soon as the application is returned with the correct fees, I screenshot the info here from the guide to filling out the open work permit. Just be sure it's the full $255. Did they specify if it was under payment or no fees included? I'm sorry this happened to you :(

Tarraaa

Jan 27, 2021
My understanding is that your application will be processed as soon as the application is returned with the correct fees, I screenshot the info here from the guide to filling out the open work permit. Just be sure it's the full $255. Did they specify if it was under payment or no fees included? I'm sorry this happened to you :(
Thank you! They highlighted that it was incorrect fees not no proof of payment. So makes no sense because it was correct.

jayden9940

Jan 25, 2018
I know this is pretty old, but what was the outcome? Do you know what was ‘incorrect’? How did you fix it?

Tarraaa

Jan 27, 2021
I know this is pretty old, but what was the outcome? Do you know what was ‘incorrect’? How did you fix it?
Nothing was incorrect they thought I didn’t pay the fee so I resent to the Edmonton office with my reciept but never heard anything. Received copr before any update on my OWP so I asked them to refund it