+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

owning a house in canada and permanent residency

rose_20

Jun 8, 2012
hi leon,i have pr n i left for my home country after few days and its been a year,can you please clarify few doubts
1) do i need to re-enter canada before completion of 2 yrs
2)do i need to stay at a stretch for 2yrs to maintain pr
3)if i buy property thr ,and go back to my home country ,will this help me maintaining my pr without my being physically present thr.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rose_20 said:
hi leon,i have pr n i left for my home country after few days and its been a year,can you please clarify few doubts
1) do i need to re-enter canada before completion of 2 yrs
2)do i need to stay at a stretch for 2yrs to maintain pr
3)if i buy property thr ,and go back to my home country ,will this help me maintaining my pr without my being physically present thr.
You may stay outside Canada for up to 1095 days (3 years) in your first 5 years as a PR without losing it. After that, it is any rolling 5 year period.

If you stay outside Canada for a stretch of 1094 days and then return, then you will have to stay in Canada for a stretch of 730 days (2 years) to maintain your PR. You could also stay in Canada for 6 months a year during the next 4 years and then you will have your 2 years by the end of the 5 year period. It is up to you.

You do not get any discount on the residency requirements if you buy real estate.

rose_20

Jun 8, 2012
hi leon,many thnxs for informing.
can u plz elaborate on the job scenario for senior indian C A(finance professionals)