+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

overstaying in the US & fbi clearance question..would i be refused? (LMIA)

franaco027

Jun 7, 2022
Hi,..im currently in the US but my visa has expired. I have a job offer to canada. my question is
1. fbi clearance- would it be a red flag?
2. would my application to canada be refused because i overstayed in the US and they would check on that? thanks?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,..im currently in the US but my visa has expired. I have a job offer to canada. my question is
2. would my application to canada be refused because i overstayed in the US and they would check on that? thanks?
1. This won't be an issue.
2. You have to declare your overstay in the work permit application and yes, this may very well impact your ability to get a work permit to Canada. It will depend on the circumstances and factors like how long you have overstayed. You'll need to state your current status in the US as part of the application and will need to be honest when you answer this question. The US and Canada share immigration information extensively so there's really no way around telling the truth. If you try to hide your true status, you'll put yourself at high risk for a 5 year ban from Canada for misrepresentation.

shineone

Feb 25, 2021
Hi there! Did you apply for the work permit and were you approved?