+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

hadeel_1986

Star Member
May 19, 2019
Assume this wasn’t in Iraq and that you used an RTD. Was this arranged? Did you have a typical ceremony based on your culture and religion? Did family attend?
It was in Jordan and I used RTD. it’s no arranged, We had ceremony, wedding party and our family and friends attended
They didn’t ask because I am PR holder ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It was in Jordan and I used RTD. it’s no arranged, We had ceremony, wedding party and our family and friends attended
They didn’t ask because I am PR holder ?
Given that you married soon after getting asylum. there could be concerns around the timing of your marriage. Were you granted asylum along with your family and under 22? There is also difficulty getting background information for some regions including Iraq. There is certainly something going on with your application where Canada is concerned about something.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If the officer asked me that’s mean they are concerned about something!! I thought it’s normal procures because I was RTD holder. Do you mean that’s why my husband application delayed ? I submitted evidence that explained why we didn’t get married before asylum
What did the officer ask you? Your husband has gone past normal processing time so there is clearly something delaying his application. In terms of the timing of your marriage there have been couples who have married for the second time and not declared their 1st marriage knowing that they would not qualify for asylum with their parents if they were married. They get married after one receives protected person status. Not sure if that is the concern when it comes to your file but unfortunately some people do dishonest things. Why did you say you didn’t get married before asylum? Are you confirming that you were under 22 and arrived with your family when you applied for asylum? Just trying to figure out if there is a clear red flag that I can see for the delay.

hadeel_1986

Star Member
May 19, 2019
What did the officer ask you? Your husband has gone past normal processing time so there is clearly something delaying his application. In terms of the timing of your marriage there have been couples who have married for the second time and not declared their 1st marriage knowing that they would not qualify for asylum with their parents if they were married. They get married after one receives protected person status. Not sure if that is the concern when it comes to your file but unfortunately some people do dishonest things. Why did you say you didn’t get married before asylum? Are you confirming that you were under 22 and arrived with your family when you applied for asylum? Just trying to figure out if there is a clear red flag that I can see for the delay.
It was general question, I am not sure what’s the processing time for one year window program because I was told 4-6 months and some people says 12 months. I asked MP to check the application and I was told everything is going fine and nothing to worry about

Last edited:

Maverick _Khan

Feb 10, 2019
Unfortunately all within the rules in here, because there are two requirements: being on the parent financial support ADN unable to support him/herself a physical or mental condition. Then if there is any physical/medical condition you may contact them referring to it.
So what should I do in this situation LVO gave me 30 days to provide additional information for final decision?
Is there any option available because my son has Anxiety disorder form 2011 and since then he's in medication I can also provide medical records from that illness. So does it make him dependent?

Bakhadur

Jul 24, 2017
So what should I do in this situation LVO gave me 30 days to provide additional information for final decision?
Is there any option available because my son has Anxiety disorder form 2011 and since then he's in medication I can also provide medical records from that illness. So does it make him dependent?
I do not know exactly what sort of health concerns is accepted by IRCC as a base for their decision in this case. But you may try, remember IRCC later runs their own med exam by a physician they certified for your country/region.

Safar@2016

Star Member
Feb 21, 2018
I have a question please.
I visited my husband three times before and immigration officer in the airport called me to ask me why I went and provided an update about our relationship.
This time I went to visit him in Jordan and I didn’t see any immigration officer in the airport when I came back. Should I inform immigration and give them an update ? Please let me know if you have any idea
If you traveled with RTD and you have PR I do not think they will ask you , as you PR holder with RTD but they ask who do not have PR and travel that hat happened with me before got the PR . If you have the PR you only need to update the travel journal for the citizenship requirement https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/citizenship/pdf/2372-travel-tracker-en.pdf

Reactions: hadeel_1986

hadeel_1986

Star Member
May 19, 2019
If you traveled with RTD and you have PR I do not think they will ask you , as you PR holder with RTD but they ask who do not have PR and travel that hat happened with me before got the PR . If you have the PR you only need to update the travel journal for the citizenship requirement https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/citizenship/pdf/2372-travel-tracker-en.pdf
I traveled using my passport and PR and they didn’t ask me anything. Should I submit it now or I have to wait until the citizenship?

hadeel_1986

Star Member
May 19, 2019
Reactions: Safar@2016

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I traveled using my passport and PR and they didn’t ask me anything. Should I submit it now or I have to wait until the citizenship?
That is likely to be a problem. You are not allowed to use your passport as a refugee. That could be the issue. It is called reavailment.

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
Guys, I just found interesting thread about background and security check which I think most of members here or their spouses and dependents stuck in this stage. This thread talking about family sponsor and I think our case similar to this category because our application process through VO also I'm not sure about the information in this threat if it's correct or not but maybe we can find answers about the reasons for the delay of the overseas application, see follwoing thread and please share your comments
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/background-checks-explained.39578/

Reactions: hadeel_1986

hadeel_1986

Star Member
May 19, 2019
Guys, I just found interesting thread about background and security check which I think most of members here or their spouses and dependents stuck in this stage. This thread talking about family sponsor and I think our case similar to this category because our application process through VO also I'm not sure about the information in this threat if it's correct or not but maybe we can find answers about the reasons for the delay of the overseas application, see follwoing thread and please share your comments
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/background-checks-explained.39578/
Thank you,It’s really useful, at least it explains the processing steps. I’m just confusing about security and criminality step, is it taking 6 months in average??

Reactions: YoYo81

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
Thank you,It’s really useful, at least it explains the processing steps. I’m just confusing about security and criminality step, is it taking 6 months in average??
As mentioned in the thread, if everything are simple and straight the average is 3 months but again the time can no be expected as this step takeover by many agencies.