+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks dear for the prompt reply.
I'm really concerned about my kids i'm having a doubt about their application rejection but someone told me LVO doesn't reject an application at this stage?
Is there a reason why you would think your children would be refused? You should receive medical request for all family members within the same week usually.

Reactions: Maverick _Khan

Maverick _Khan

Feb 10, 2019
Is there a reason why you would think your children would be refused? You should receive medical request for all family members within the same week usually.
That's the problem I don't know any valid reason for rejection I'm just worried that why LVO didn't sent medical request for my kids.
Please if you can share some reasons that on which basis LVO cna reject an application because most of the members says LVO doesn't reject family applications at this stage most of rejection is done at initial application mailing to Canada Immigrations.
Do have any information please share

sherryl89

Star Member
Dec 4, 2018
Asking for a friend.
He just got a positive decision n wants to apply for PR. can he apply for himself first and later for his wife and two sons in his country. he said he doesn't have enough money to do the application at once. Can he still apply for his family after he submits his own application?
Thanks @All

Maverick _Khan

Feb 10, 2019
HELP NEEDED
What should i do in this situation have received this email today. My son is still a full time student and is financially supported by me.? If I send the proof of him being a student does it approve his application?
Any member faced the same situation ? Please help me out
Dear Mr. Khan,

I am now completing the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa. It appears that your child listed below does not meet the definition of a dependent, and thus, does not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.

Pursuant to section 2 of the regulations, a dependent child, in respect of a parent, means a child who:

(a) has one of the following relationships with the parent, namely,

• (i) is the biological child of the parent, if the child has not been adopted by a person other than the spouse or common-law partner of the parent, or

• (ii) is the adopted child of the parent; and

(b) is in one of the following situations of dependency, namely,

• (i) is less than 19 years of age and is not a spouse or common-law partner, or

• (ii) is 19 years of age or older and has depended substantially on the financial support of the parent since before the age of 19 and is unable to be financially self-supporting due to a physical or mental condition.

Based on the evidence submitted I am not satisfied that Ali Haider Yazdani meets the above definition because he was 23 at lock in date and hence does not meet the above pursuant to section 2(b).

Before a final decision regarding the eligibility of your above child as a dependant is made, you are being given thirty (30) days to provide additional documentation. Any information you submit must be sufficient to clearly demonstrate that the above definition is met.

Should you choose not to respond with additional information your above-named dependant will be removed from the application and processing will continue to the next processing stage.

Sincerely,

IRCC - London

Last edited:

Bakhadur

Jul 24, 2017
HELP NEEDED
What should i do in this situation have received this email today. My son is still a full time student and is financially supported by me.?
Dear Mr. Khan,

I am now completing the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa. It appears that your child listed below does not meet the definition of a dependent, and thus, does not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.

Pursuant to section 2 of the regulations, a dependent child, in respect of a parent, means a child who:

• (i) is the biological child of the parent, if the child has not been adopted by a person other than the spouse or common-law partner of the parent, or

• (i) is less than 19 years of age and is not a spouse or common-law partner, or

• (ii) is 19 years of age or older and has depended substantially on the financial support of the parent since before the age of 19 and is unable to be financially self-supporting due to a physical or mental condition.

Based on the evidence submitted I am not satisfied that Ali Haider Yazdani meets the above definition because he was 23 at lock in date and hence does not meet the above pursuant to section 2(b).

Before a final decision regarding the eligibility of your above child as a dependant is made, you are being given thirty (30) days to provide additional documentation. Any information you submit must be sufficient to clearly demonstrate that the above definition is met.

Should you choose not to respond with additional information your above-named dependant will be removed from the application and processing will continue to the next processing stage.

Sincerely,

IRCC - London
Unfortunately all within the rules in here, because there are two requirements: being on the parent financial support ADN unable to support him/herself a physical or mental condition. Then if there is any physical/medical condition you may contact them referring to it.

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
HELP NEEDED
What should i do in this situation have received this email today. My son is still a full time student and is financially supported by me.?
Dear Mr. Khan,

Sincerely,

IRCC - London
In CIC web page ( The age limit of dependent children has changed from “under 19” to “under 22.” )
I don't understand why they said in the letter it should be less than 19 ??? any way recheck the lock in date to make sure if he exceed 22 or not.
Also ,
Dependants over the age limit
Children 22 years old or older qualify as dependants if they meet both of these requirements:
  • they have depended on their parents for financial support since before the age of 22, and
  • they are unable to financially support themselves because of a mental or physical condition
Check CIC web page ,hope to find something could help you
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/age-limit-requirements-dependent-children.html

Reactions: hadeel_1986

hadeel_1986

Star Member
May 19, 2019
In CIC web page ( The age limit of dependent children has changed from “under 19” to “under 22.” )
I don't understand why they said in the letter it should be less than 19 ??? any way recheck the lock in date to make sure if he exceed 22 or not.
Also ,
Dependants over the age limit
Children 22 years old or older qualify as dependants if they meet both of these requirements:
  • they have depended on their parents for financial support since before the age of 22, and
  • they are unable to financially support themselves because of a mental or physical condition
Check CIC web page ,hope to find something could help you
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/age-limit-requirements-dependent-children.html
Sorry to hear that, this what it’s,Age limit of child dependent should be under 19, government tried to increase it to 22 due to many complaints.
Also there is exception for a mental or physical condition only

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
Sorry to hear that, this what it’s,Age limit of child dependent should be under 19, government tried to increase it to 22 due to many complaints.
Also there is exception for a mental or physical condition only
Age limit already increased
Definition of dependent children with new age limit
The age limit of dependent children has changed from “under 19” to “under 22.”
check CIC web page

Reactions: hadeel_1986

hadeel_1986

Star Member
May 19, 2019
I have a question please.
I visited my husband three times before and immigration officer in the airport called me to ask me why I went and provided an update about our relationship.
This time I went to visit him in Jordan and I didn’t see any immigration officer in the airport when I came back. Should I inform immigration and give them an update ? Please let me know if you have any idea

Last edited: