+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

Bakhadur

Jul 24, 2017
There are many factors which may affect every particular case: country of origin, dependents (their number, age, their documents), forms and its correct or incorrect fillings, VO and its working style, a particular officer's work habits and etc. Only thing we can do is to use all possible leverages: web-forms, bombarding by e-mails, approaching to MPs, make sure that VOs received your docs, and etc. Also, to best of my knowledge the key matter in this process is time! Keep patience, stay strong, believe there is nothing wrong, and the Canadian immigration mechanism generally works pretty well!

I worked with two different offices a number of times (Warsaw and Ankara), processing times were different, from 4 to 6-8 months.

Good luck everyone!

Safar@2016

Star Member
Feb 21, 2018
Hey guys , anyone got news regarding overseas family ?
@samydude65 ,@Refugeee ,@live&love, @Varadero,@Safar@2016 , @hadeel_1986
No thing till now my wife with three kids waiting it is hard time fo all , I wish it will not take long time like our DM process .I know pepole get the medical test after four months from the landing date .I hope all of we will get somthing next month.

hadeel_1986

Star Member
May 19, 2019
Hi guys,
Do you have any idea if I leave the country for couple months it will effect the application?? Or I have to stay in Candaf and shows them I am working and paying tax. Please if anyone has any information just let me know

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
Hi guys,
Do you have any idea if I leave the country for couple months it will effect the application?? Or I have to stay in Candaf and shows them I am working and paying tax. Please if anyone has any information just let me know
You already got PR so it’s ok you can travel,Canadian PR Cards are valid for a 5 year period. You are free to travel outside of Canada during that 5 year period. However, upon renewal of your PR Card, you should have accumulated at least 2 years of residency in Canada within that 5 year period

Reactions: hadeel_1986

hadeel_1986

Star Member
May 19, 2019
You already got PR so it’s ok you can travel,Canadian PR Cards are valid for a 5 year period. You are free to travel outside of Canada during that 5 year period. However, upon renewal of your PR Card, you should have accumulated at least 2 years of residency in Canada within that 5 year period
Yeah that’s right I traveled several time by using travel document and PR as well however my question is if it will effect the application or not . If I have to wait inside Canada and keep working and paying tax until my husband got his DM

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It would be best for you to primarily live in Canada while establishing yourself to prepare for your husband’s arrival. Whether that means working, going to school, taking language classes, etc.

Reactions: hadeel_1986

hadeel_1986

Star Member
May 19, 2019
It would be best for you to primarily live in Canada while establishing yourself to prepare for your husband’s arrival. Whether that means working, going to school, taking language classes, etc.
You are right because if I go back for couple months I will loss my full time job ...etc thank you

Last edited:

Virgono1

Star Member
Nov 23, 2018
Here is my timeline for my overseas dependents (VO Ankara):
March 6, 2019 - My AIP
March 12, 2019 - Request from Ankara for overseas dependents forms, med exams, PCCs
March 23, 2019 - Submission of requested forms, med exams and PCCs
April 6, 2019 - My landing
May 28, 2019 - Pre-arrival services
July 11, 2019 - REQUEST FOR SUBMISSION OF PASSPORT

I am a June 2017 Applicant
Hi, plz can I ask u that did ur wife and kids overseas got there DM after ur DM and all process or there process started Simulatenoulsy with you?

hadeel_1986

Star Member
May 19, 2019
Hi guys,
Have anyone tried to link the application with GCKEY account?? I am not able to link it, it gives me an error with Gnumber. Any idea?