+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
Hi Hadeel

Today the MP told me that they contact the immigraction regarding my wife and kids application the immigration informed them that illegilty passed and criminal passed now in secuirty check and that will take two months and suposed to contact them in next december actually I am very depressed as it means 8 months just for medical exam as I applied in April 2019.
At least now you know when will be finalized but is it certain after two months ? or they mean to contact them after two months ?

Lela Lelo

Jun 10, 2019
Hello everyone.

Does anyone know how much time does it take for verification after we've been accepted for refugees?
We live separated from my father. We live in other country( my mom and siblings ) while my father lives in Canada. It's been three and a half years and our situation is really difficult.
Also I want to ask after they verify our status how long does it take till we arrive in Canada (medical and etc). Is there anything we can do to speed up the processing time?
Our MP says that it can takes maybe 20 months. I hope that we will stay alive since then. :(

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Looks like your father only applied for PR in June. You are likely looking at around 2 years (likely a bit linger) until you get PR. You can attempt to get visitor visas but that could be very difficult. You would not qualify for healthcare or free schooling as visitors.

Lela Lelo

Jun 10, 2019
Looks like your father only applied for PR in June. You are likely looking at around 2 years (likely a bit linger) until you get PR. You can attempt to get visitor visas but that could be very difficult. You would not qualify for healthcare or free schooling as visitors.
But we were involved in his application. We are waiting only for verification of status and medical. I cant really understand whats happening.

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
Hello everyone.

Does anyone know how much time does it take for verification after we've been accepted for refugees?
We live separated from my father. We live in other country( my mom and siblings ) while my father lives in Canada. It's been three and a half years and our situation is really difficult.
Also I want to ask after they verify our status how long does it take till we arrive in Canada (medical and etc). Is there anything we can do to speed up the processing time?
Our MP says that it can takes maybe 20 months. I hope that we will stay alive since then. :(
When your father applied for PR ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
But we were involved in his application. We are waiting only for verification of status and medical. I cant really understand whats happening.
Not sure what you are talking about but your MP is right around 20 months plus 3-6 months to arrange for his children and wife to get PR and permission to travel to Canada. Same answer as before. It will take around 2 years, but likely a bit more, to reunite.

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
Hi YoYo

They mean to contact them in two months .
Yah, this happened with me too . After I contact MP and signed forms . His office sent me email with my application status which I already know and told me to contact them in December!!! It seems they just called IRCC call center o_O . I didn’t expect this from MP office, I thought that MP could do some efforts. Perhaps MP is busy these days because of election campaign.

Reactions: Safar@2016

hadeel_1986

Star Member
May 19, 2019
Hi Hadeel

Today the MP told me that they contact the immigraction regarding my wife and kids application the immigration informed them that illegilty passed and criminal passed now in secuirty check and that will take two months and suposed to contact them in next december actually I am very depressed as it means 8 months just for medical exam as I applied in April 2019.
Hi Safar, that’s happened to me on the first call with MP. I called him in July and I got medical request in September. I am done 8 months and still waiting for the application. You can order GCMS and CBSA to understand the process, also you can contact MP again. Good luck

hadeel_1986

Star Member
May 19, 2019
Yah, this happened with me too . After I contact MP and signed forms . His office sent me email with my application status which I already know and told me to contact them in December!!! It seems they just called IRCC call center o_O . I didn’t expect this from MP office, I thought that MP could do some efforts. Perhaps MP is busy these days because of election campaign.
Just FYI, MP never send an email with application status, they have to say it verbally.

Reactions: YoYo81

hadeel_1986

Star Member
May 19, 2019
I signed three forms for that , authorization form and sharing information also consent form
Right, I mean when they response to your request, they have to response verbally. This is what I was told by two PM offices and how I got response.

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
Right, I mean when they response to your request, they have to response verbally. This is what I was told by two PM offices and how I got response.
Yah, that’s why they asked me to fill forms and sign in order to have written permission from me and my wife, same as lawyer or consultant