+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Over the phone information?

ifear

Jan 5, 2015
So as of right now I am sort of in the dark. I figured i'd be patient and sort of wait out the posted 'processing times' for my husbands sponsorship approval. (doing inland family spouse application. hes canadian born, im american, he is sponsoring me. were coming up on being married 5 years now) they received our application in the first week of july and it says they started processing our application on august 7 2015. A couple of weeks ago I decided to call in to see if they could give me any additional information. The customer service agent had no qualms about looking up my case and just told me that everything was fine but that it had been sent for further review. I said ok thank you and figured i'd wait for any e-mail updates.

Seeing so many people on here get responses and being sent for interviews almost immediately made me impatient so I checked our account again and low and behold it says decision made! except when you click on the link it shows the same information it has shown basically since we sent in the application.

So I decided to give them another call. I told them that I figured it would say something once you click on 'decision made' to see what the decision was. As in hey we sent it back to you or look out for us to contact you or hey you were denied or approved or anything other then the same information weve been staring at for more than a year now.

The reps response was you just have to wait youll be contacted by mail. I said ok but are you able to at least take my uci or application number and see if it still says further review or give me any other information?

He said no. I cant help you have a good day. And ended the call.

I was really surprised by the two different phone calls.

My question is simple and forgive me if it is posted somewhere else (there is a ton of information on this website and on google but if you dont word the question perfectly or in a way its already been asked then you dont get many responses)

Im just wondering what information they can tell you over the phone pertaining your case? Ive seen many a post here about gcms notes but havent been able to find the cost or a timeframe of when you will get those notes. I tried asking another rep on the phone as well about how long they expected it would take for the decision to reach me and they said well it just depends on the dept you sent your application to and its posted online and I can look it up for myself. So (trying to be sneaky I guess) I asked them if they could look and see on my application which department that was and they refused.

Anyone have experience dealing with immigration over the phone a bunch?

Thanks much :)

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
ifear said:
So as of right now I am sort of in the dark. I figured i'd be patient and sort of wait out the posted 'processing times' for my husbands sponsorship approval. (doing inland family spouse application. hes canadian born, im american, he is sponsoring me. were coming up on being married 5 years now) they received our application in the first week of july and it says they started processing our application on august 7 2015. A couple of weeks ago I decided to call in to see if they could give me any additional information. The customer service agent had no qualms about looking up my case and just told me that everything was fine but that it had been sent for further review. I said ok thank you and figured i'd wait for any e-mail updates.

Seeing so many people on here get responses and being sent for interviews almost immediately made me impatient so I checked our account again and low and behold it says decision made! except when you click on the link it shows the same information it has shown basically since we sent in the application.

So I decided to give them another call. I told them that I figured it would say something once you click on 'decision made' to see what the decision was. As in hey we sent it back to you or look out for us to contact you or hey you were denied or approved or anything other then the same information weve been staring at for more than a year now.

The reps response was you just have to wait youll be contacted by mail. I said ok but are you able to at least take my uci or application number and see if it still says further review or give me any other information?

He said no. I cant help you have a good day. And ended the call.

I was really surprised by the two different phone calls.

My question is simple and forgive me if it is posted somewhere else (there is a ton of information on this website and on google but if you dont word the question perfectly or in a way its already been asked then you dont get many responses)

Im just wondering what information they can tell you over the phone pertaining your case? Ive seen many a post here about gcms notes but havent been able to find the cost or a timeframe of when you will get those notes. I tried asking another rep on the phone as well about how long they expected it would take for the decision to reach me and they said well it just depends on the dept you sent your application to and its posted online and I can look it up for myself. So (trying to be sneaky I guess) I asked them if they could look and see on my application which department that was and they refused.

Anyone have experience dealing with immigration over the phone a bunch?

Thanks much :)
The call centre is hit and miss. Some are willing to help, some give good advice, some give terrible advice or just don't care to listen. I have also had the same experience with CSE's. I had to point out to them that they had a bug in the webform...and because they didn't bother to look to see if the info was correct, just in the wrong field, they refused to answer me "Unable to validate your request" and I lost 10 days... The second person who read my follow-up rant understood and forwarded my request.

Problem is, there is soo many people calling, they staff the call centre with nearly anyone. If you want real answers, you need to use privilege (have an MP call, they bypass the call centre). In your case, I would just wait it out. No interview, and DM means a pretty high chance that it's approved. They generally interview before they deny.