+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

outside of Canada help

mrcanada

Star Member
Feb 24, 2015
My wife, a Canadian citizen, applied for a proof of citizenship for our daughter. It's been months so I want to contact them to see what's happening.

I can't seem to find a phone number for CIC to call from outside of Canada. Does anyone know how I can contact them?

Thanks

Ivana

brucem

Apr 21, 2014
Edinburgh
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-01-2015
AOR Received.
22-08-2014
File Transfer...
22-08-2014
Med's Done....
26-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2015
LANDED..........
08-07-2015
mrcanada said:
My wife, a Canadian citizen, applied for a proof of citizenship for our daughter. It's been months so I want to contact them to see what's happening.

I can't seem to find a phone number for CIC to call from outside of Canada. Does anyone know how I can contact them?

Thanks

Ivana
When you say months how long exactly? When we applied for our daughter they advised it could take up to 14 months - although it only took 4.

mrcanada

Star Member
Feb 24, 2015
brucem said:
When you say months how long exactly? When we applied for our daughter they advised it could take up to 14 months - although it only took 4.
it's been 5 months, but we applied for urgent processing as we are moving to Canada in couple of months. They told us they can't guarantee urgent processing but if we send proof that we are actually moving, that they'll consider it.

I just want to call them to ask if the started processing it and to ask for UCI number, as we never got one.

saria1

May 22, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 28, 2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
January 16, 2015
File Transfer...
January 23, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
October 27, 2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2015
LANDED..........
June 30, 2015
mrcanada said:
it's been 5 months, but we applied for urgent processing as we are moving to Canada in couple of months. They told us they can't guarantee urgent processing but if we send proof that we are actually moving, that they'll consider it.

I just want to call them to ask if the started processing it and to ask for UCI number, as we never got one.
If your not in the USA or Canada, then this quote from the "processing time" timeline will apply to the 5 months presently posted:

"Note: If you live outside Canada and outside the United States and are applying through a Canadian embassy, high commission or consulate, add an additional 3 to 4 months to the total processing time.

If you are applying on behalf of a minor child residing outside Canada and outside the United States and the application is submitted directly to the Case Processing Centre in Sydney, Nova Scotia, add an additional 6 to 8 months to the total processing time."

If you want to call, I call this number from the USA to get to a CIC agent: 613-944-4000

Lastly, on the Citizenship forum, there is a thread going about citizenship papers for children. That thread can guide you on how to get a temporary passport for the child, so the child can come back to Canada while you wait on the proof of citizenship.

mrcanada

Star Member
Feb 24, 2015
saria1 said:
If your not in the USA or Canada, then this quote from the "processing time" timeline will apply to the 5 months presently posted:

"Note: If you live outside Canada and outside the United States and are applying through a Canadian embassy, high commission or consulate, add an additional 3 to 4 months to the total processing time.

If you are applying on behalf of a minor child residing outside Canada and outside the United States and the application is submitted directly to the Case Processing Centre in Sydney, Nova Scotia, add an additional 6 to 8 months to the total processing time."

If you want to call, I call this number from the USA to get to a CIC agent: 613-944-4000

Lastly, on the Citizenship forum, there is a thread going about citizenship papers for children. That thread can guide you on how to get a temporary passport for the child, so the child can come back to Canada while you wait on the proof of citizenship.

Thanks I found this number on another site earlier and I've just spoken to them, they started processin on March 15th and told me to call back at the end of June if we don't receive anything. My daughter has an Italian passport so she can travel to Canada no problem and stay for 6 months. I was just more worried about her being able to have medical when we get there.

LN13

Star Member
Dec 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-6-2015
AOR Received.
16/7/2015
File Transfer...
8/13/2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
I would contact the health system of the province you are moving to if you have concerns. The paperwork for my youngest is still in process and Alberta said it shouldn't be an issue because they could just backdate it once the paperwork was processed.

mrcanada

Star Member
Feb 24, 2015
LN13 said:
I would contact the health system of the province you are moving to if you have concerns. The paperwork for my youngest is still in process and Alberta said it shouldn't be an issue because they could just backdate it once the paperwork was processed.

We'll be in Vancouver for a month but settling in Calgary.

LN13

Star Member
Dec 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-6-2015
AOR Received.
16/7/2015
File Transfer...
8/13/2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
My info is a couple years old since I looked into it when we were thinking about this a few years ago so I'd still double check with Alberta.