+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

outside canada without PR card

bahaali

Sep 8, 2010
Hi, I landed in Canada with my family in April 2010 and after waiting for 6 months I did not received my PR card, after 2 weeks we received a letter to retake the photos for me and whole the family. what I learned is that I can re-enter Canada by issuing TTDocuments from Canadian embassy, but I could not undurstand the Residency obligation and does it concern me or not although I have the Confirmation PR copy. Please advice.
best regards

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bahaali said:
Hi, I landed in Canada with my family in April 2010 and after waiting for 6 months I did not received my PR card, after 2 weeks we received a letter to retake the photos for me and whole the family. what I learned is that I can re-enter Canada by issuing TTDocuments from Canadian embassy, but I could not undurstand the Residency obligation and does it concern me or not although I have the Confirmation PR copy. Please advice.
best regards
You have two option.
1.Let some one send your PR Card later once it is received in any given address in Canada.
2. Obtain Temp Visa from the Canadian Embassy where you are travelling to. See the link for details:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5529E.asp

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bahaali said:
best regards
Of course, the Residency obligation concerns you. You must meet the residency obligation to obtain the PR card. In the webpage below, you can find info how maintain your PR status while you are living outside Canada:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5445EA.asp

Bayarsaikhan

Mar 3, 2014
Dear All

We first landed in Canada on March 2014 after we received a confirmation of PR, and interviewed at border and applied for PR. Since then we waiting more 2.5 month and we have not received cards yet? The officer told me at that time that if we have not receive PR cards, i should call to them. Qs is here where should i call?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bayarsaikhan said:
Dear All

We first landed in Canada on March 2014 after we received a confirmation of PR, and interviewed at border and applied for PR. Since then we waiting more 2.5 month and we have not received cards yet? The officer told me at that time that if we have not receive PR cards, i should call to them. Qs is here where should i call?
Call Centre telephone number: 1-888-242‑2100 (within Canada only)