+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Outside canada class

sainijasdeep

May 27, 2012
Hi
My wife is on visitor visa which is finishing soon, and we have applied for extension of visa already.
In between when she came here, we applied for her permanent residency (outside Canada class), so now she received an email from high commission, New delhi and asking her to submit her passport, so they can process further, but I am looking forward so she can stay here and the case in Delhi also get processed, is that possible or she has to return to home country?

Thanks pls reply

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
sainijasdeep said:
Hi
My wife is on visitor visa which is finishing soon, and we have applied for extension of visa already.
In between when she came here, we applied for her permanent residency (outside Canada class), so now she received an email from high commission, New delhi and asking her to submit her passport, so they can process further, but I am looking forward so she can stay here and the case in Delhi also get processed, is that possible or she has to return to home country?

Thanks pls reply
Hey,

you might have a problem there, as she can not send her passport overseas - for Indian nationals it's not accepted. So, I don't really see any other legal alternative to have her stay in the country with you and her passport being in the embassy...

The only thing you can do is to ask if you can send it at a later stage - New Delhi asks for the passport at the beginning of the application process so they will hold on to it for a while before they issue the visa... but it's at your own risk of your file being delayed... You can try if you want... but if it's an outland application and quite a straightforward case ( traditional marriage, first time for both, family attending etc), you might get the PR issued quite quickly - so maybe it's worth for your wife to go back to India, send her passport to the embassy, wait and come back as a PR? at the end, it's your decision.

Good luck,
Sweden

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
sainijasdeep said:
Thanks Sweden
Yes , she is going back , I was also thinking about that, to be it simple.

Regards
jasdeep
Probably the wisest decision... even if it's hard to be away from each other, at least you could do part of the process. New Delhi seems to be pretty quick so hopefully she will be back soon, with a brand new PR, and she won't have to leave anytime soon!
Regards,
Sweden