+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP 2018*** SPONSORING PREGNANT SPOUSE

allen_n1

Apr 12, 2018
The Certificate app must be submitted. However, you can submit the passport app concurrently and a limited issue passport can be issued based on the submission of the Certificate app before it is actually approved.
Thank you for your reply.

So with the limited issue passport the baby can travel back to Canada without any issue even thought the Proof of Citizenship certificate is not yet approved ? How long does it take to get Proof of Citizenship Certificate ? And how long does it take to get passport ?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you for your reply.

So with the limited issue passport the baby can travel back to Canada without any issue even thought the Proof of Citizenship certificate is not yet approved ? How long does it take to get Proof of Citizenship Certificate ? And how long does it take to get passport ?
Yes.

It can take 6 months or longer.

With urgent proof of travel, it can be issued within days.

Awais_ch

Star Member
Nov 27, 2017
Hi there is an update,

I send all documents the documents as mentioned in the mail to CIC via webform, also added the passport of the Baby as soon as it was available, a few days back CIC send me this letter, requesting the following documents,

1. Processing fees in the amount of $150 that are paid in a form as outlined on the IRCC website.
2. A newly completed and signed "Application to sponsor , Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking" ( IMM 1344). Please write ADD-ON on the first page of all the forms that you are submitting.

3. An amended IMM008 which lists this individual as a dependent of the principal applicant.

• Ensure that you specify whether or not this dependent will accompany the principal applicant to Canada in question #11 under the dependents section.
  • You must also specify their dependency type in question #12.
4. A copy of child's birth certificate.
5. A copy of this child's passport or travel document.
6. Proof that the child has under gone an immigration medical examination.
7. Any other document required of your relative based on where he/she resides.

For faster service you may send the requested documents or any questions regarding your application at the case specific enquiry link.

The above documents are to be submitted within 30 days of the date of this letter, along with a copy of this letter.

I had previously submitted all forms and documents except IMM 1344( as this was not mentioned in the link) and the medicals for the baby earlier, but I have received this letter to resend the forms, I presume maybe they want the forms to be refilled with the passport/other document details.

I checked with a number of panel physicians, but they are not able to submit the medicals for the baby without the medical request.

I am submitting all other documents along with a question regarding the medicals. And wait for the reply. Will post updates.

Thanks
Hello,

Did you get any response back.

I have got some documents and some same as you. Can you please tell what did you provide for:

Does the child need to go to the medical exams with the same panel mentioned by CIC? and you mentioned that the panel physicians are not able to submit the medicals for baby without the medical request, so what did you do?

7. Any other document required of your relative based on where he/she resides?
What documents need to be provided? My wife and baby is with my mother and father, Can I submit the passport stating same address alongwith Family Registration Certificate?

mnlcva8891

Oct 28, 2018
AOR Feb 11
SA Feb 13
MR Feb 18
Transferred March 1 to Mississauga
March 8 started medical and sent x-ray deferral letter
Started Background processing March 16
May 18 medical extension was granted until Oct 30th
Oct 11 X-Ray Done
Oct 17 Passed Medical

What's next? and when?

jkcivil26

Star Member
May 6, 2015
Winnipeg
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
02-11-2018
AOR Received.
20-12-2018
File Transfer...
04-01-2019
Med's Request
16-04-2019
Hello,

Did you get any response back.

I have got some documents and some same as you. Can you please tell what did you provide for:

Does the child need to go to the medical exams with the same panel mentioned by CIC? and you mentioned that the panel physicians are not able to submit the medicals for baby without the medical request, so what did you do?

7. Any other document required of your relative based on where he/she resides?
What documents need to be provided? My wife and baby is with my mother and father, Can I submit the passport stating same address alongwith Family Registration Certificate?
I did not provide any documents for 6 and 7, as it was not required.

On Sep 11 , I got an email, telling there is an update on your file. When I logged into ECAs, the baby was added as a dependent on the sponsorship application and On Oct 10 , we got the medical request for the baby and a new medical request for my wife. They have completed their Medicals on October 17th. Now waiting for the Passport request.

jkcivil26

Star Member
May 6, 2015
Winnipeg
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
02-11-2018
AOR Received.
20-12-2018
File Transfer...
04-01-2019
Med's Request
16-04-2019
AOR Feb 11
SA Feb 13
MR Feb 18
Oct 11 X-Ray Done
Oct 17 Passed Medical

What's next? and when?
Next would be the Passport request, within the next couple of months I guess.

jkcivil26

Star Member
May 6, 2015
Winnipeg
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
02-11-2018
AOR Received.
20-12-2018
File Transfer...
04-01-2019
Med's Request
16-04-2019
AOR Feb 11
SA Feb 13
MR Feb 18
Oct 11 X-Ray Done
Oct 17 Passed Medical

What's next? and when?
Hi Did you receive your passport request?

frisbee2017

Star Member
May 23, 2017
Hi All, my wife's file was moved to Mexico Vo on 23rd December 2019. We are awaiting Medical request from IRCC.

I just got back to Canada after spending a few weeks with my wife. She is pregnant. Do I have to do anything?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi All, my wife's file was moved to Mexico Vo on 23rd December 2019. We are awaiting Medical request from IRCC.

I just got back to Canada after spending a few weeks with my wife. She is pregnant. Do I have to do anything?
No. She will need to either do the x-ray while pregnant or defer until after the birth.

Yashsaxena

Mar 23, 2022
I did not provide any documents for 6 and 7, as it was not required.

On Sep 11 , I got an email, telling there is an update on your file. When I logged into ECAs, the baby was added as a dependent on the sponsorship application and On Oct 10 , we got the medical request for the baby and a new medical request for my wife. They have completed their Medicals on October 17th. Now waiting for the Passport request.
Hi,
Need your advise here ,i am in the same situation as you were..
my wife is in india and i am in Canada. She is 2 months pregnant and I am going to apply for spousal sponsorship.
it will take more than 9 months for that to be approved, and by that time baby would be born.
1) after the birth of baby, how much time it take for the visa to be approved?( what approximate time i should keep in mind)
2) can i travel to india while her application will be in the process ? and if yes for what duration and how many times can i traveI
2) Shall i inform IRCC from the start of my application process about her pregnanacy?

Yashsaxena

Mar 23, 2022
Hi,
Need your advise here ,i am in the same situation as you were..
my wife is in india and i am in Canada. She is 2 months pregnant and I am going to apply for spousal sponsorship.
it will take more than 9 months for that to be approved, and by that time baby would be born.
1) after the birth of baby, how much time it take for the visa to be approved?( what approximate time i should keep in mind)
2) can i travel to india while her application will be in the process ? and if yes for what duration and how many times can i traveI
2) Shall i inform IRCC from the start of my application process about her pregnanacy?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hard to say but will depend at what stage, and whether steps like getting passport/id for child take time and the medicals. But there's little to do on background check side, obviously.

If you are a PR, you can go on 'short trips' (typically understood to mean eg less than a month although not defined). No limit on number of trips but if more time out of Canada than in, they might conclude you're not living in Canada.

You can mention it in your application because also supporting evidence of genuine relationship. But other than that, it will have little to zero impact until child born.