+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Outland Spousal Sponsorship 2016- still waiting! anyone else?

DAbughalioun

Jun 26, 2017
Posting latest update here as well as I started another thread!

So, with much investigation and questions to Immigration about the hold up on our file, we have been advised that it is not on Canada's end. Seems that the request sent from Immigration to my husband's Country for the Security and Criminality Background check is not being answered. They sent this request to his country very early in our process and have now as of May 16, 2018 sent another request. Has anyone had any kind of similar experience? and what did you do to remedy this?

Thanks!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Posting latest update here as well as I started another thread!

So, with much investigation and questions to Immigration about the hold up on our file, we have been advised that it is not on Canada's end. Seems that the request sent from Immigration to my husband's Country for the Security and Criminality Background check is not being answered. They sent this request to his country very early in our process and have now as of May 16, 2018 sent another request. Has anyone had any kind of similar experience? and what did you do to remedy this?

Thanks!
Just reading through the thread and was going to comment that this is likely the issue. IRCC sends requests to security/intelligence agencies for the security checks and the delay is usually caused by the other country. That's a big reason why apps from countries like the US and the UK tend to be processed much faster; they are developed countries that can easily provide the requested information. I'm not surprised that there has been a significant delay in receiving the required information from Palestine. Unfortunately, there really isn't anything you can do but wait.

DAbughalioun

Jun 26, 2017
Just reading through the thread and was going to comment that this is likely the issue. IRCC sends requests to security/intelligence agencies for the security checks and the delay is usually caused by the other country. That's a big reason why apps from countries like the US and the UK tend to be processed much faster; they are developed countries that can easily provide the requested information. I'm not surprised that there has been a significant delay in receiving the required information from Palestine. Unfortunately, there really isn't anything you can do but wait.
We have contacted the Palestinian Embassy in Ukraine to see if they can help in any way.

Mar 27, 2019
Our application will be 3 years in july and still waiting!!! Our re medical is expiring this june. Our lawyer sent an email informing them that our 2nd medical is expiring but the only reply we got is our application is qued for review by an officer. So so so so frustrating!!!!

Hi there,

I'm waiting since Oct.2016 medical expired in 2018 when i call they say that we are doing the background check,