CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2014
AOR Received.
20-08-2014
Hi everyone,
My question is for the Rome applicants outland.
I am sponsoring in the midst of sponsoring my husband who is a greek citizen but lives in Canada and is here as a visitor, we recently got married a week ago.

I am deciding whether I should apply for him inland or outland.

I am scared via outland because I don't want the "Rome Office" to call him in for an interview, as we are in Canada. Although I am seeing that Rome processes applications much faster.

We are of the same nationality (Greek) and same religion. 3 years apart. I am older.

Have most successful Rome applicants been waived the interview?

Your replies are appreciated as I am having a hard time deciding whether to apply inland or outland.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Hey,

There aren't many applicants going through Rome on the forum, but I can try and answer. I went through London, but the processes are similar since your husband is visa-exempt.

Usually outland is a better way for most visa-exempt. It's faster, and it allows you (or your husband in that case) to travel during your application. If you file inland, and for any reason (family emergency etc.) your husband has to travel outside of Canada for the next 12/14/16 months (depending on how long inland takes, and it varies), he would be putting his application in jeopardy. With an outland application, there is no risk. The process is also faster - your husband might have his full PR via outland in the same amount of time he would have the 1st stage inland.

Interviews are only conducted if the VO suspects that the relationship is not genuine. If you have had a relationship for a while, lived with your now husband, have proofs of relationship, etc. there is no reason to be called for an interview. It can always happen, but it's quite rare for visa-exempt. It's mostly in cases where there is something unusual - partners not living together, very big age difference (3 years apart in your case is not a big difference, no worries!), etc. In your case, you seem to have similar background (same religion, same nationality), so unless there is something really unusual about your relationship, an interview seems unlikely. It depends on how much proof you have - did your family and his family attend the wedding, how long have you known each other, etc.

I'm not saying an interview won't happen - because you can never tell with CIC - but it's not very likely.
Good luck,
Sweden