+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Outland application- intention to return to Canada

mad_hatter

Jul 16, 2016
My wife will have her medical exam in early August. Once that is done, we will submit the application.

Proving genuine marriage should not be a problem, we have been married for 14 years.

Demonstrating intention to return to Canada is going to be problematic.

Getting an employment contract or job offer are no go. We are both close to retirement age and have no intention returning to work. In any case, no sane employer will give a job offer one year in advance. That is how long it will take to get my wife's PR.

Going back to school is also not a realistic option. I doubt that one can enroll one year in advance.

Buying a property is also a bust. Without Canadian source income, one would not be able to get a mortgage. I can sell my current home and use the proceed to buy one in Canada, but then where do we live for the next year.

Renting is a possibility but not a very practical one. The rental will sit vacant for the next year, what a waste.

I wish CIC would stop putting up road block for those that want to return home.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
mad_hatter said:
My wife will have her medical exam in early August. Once that is done, we will submit the application.

Proving genuine marriage should not be a problem, we have been married for 14 years.

Demonstrating intention to return to Canada is going to be problematic.

Getting an employment contract or job offer are no go. We are both close to retirement age and have no intention returning to work. In any case, no sane employer will give a job offer one year in advance. That is how long it will take to get my wife's PR.

Going back to school is also not a realistic option. I doubt that one can enroll one year in advance.

Buying a property is also a bust. Without Canadian source income, one would not be able to get a mortgage. I can sell my current home and use the proceed to buy one in Canada, but then where do we live for the next year.

Renting is a possibility but not a very practical one. The rental will sit vacant for the next year, what a waste.

I wish CIC would stop putting up road block for those that want to return home.
You are over thinking this... You don't need any of those things to demonstrate an intention to return. Just write a compelling narrative, explaining why and when you intend to return, what your long term plans are and why you don't wish to remain in your current location. If you have anyone in Canada that will assist you to settle, get a supportive letter from them. That's all we did and we had no problems at all.

mad_hatter

Jul 16, 2016
I have written a long narrative explaining why I want to move back to Canada. My sister lives in Canada so I can stay with her until I can purchase my own place.

What make me unhappy is why has this requirement at all. What about someone don't have friends or family that can write a supportive letter? We are adults, surely we can fend for ourselves when we move back to Canada. If I do not want to move back why go through this expensive and mind boggling exercise.