+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Outland Application but Visitor Status about to end

Chatmonkey

May 14, 2017
Hey all,

I'm from Australia and I've applied via Outland as everyone here suggested due to increased speed. I sent in my application about 6 months ago and it is still processing which is good.

I am renting in Toronto and got a visitor extension just now for an extra 3 months until April 18 (the day we entered) however I am worried that will not be enough time until my application is complete.

Can I apply for another one when this one is close to expiring? I attached the receipt of my PR application to my visitor application last time I am hoping I can do that again

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

WeegieInOttawa

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London (UK)
App. Filed.......
24-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
File Transfer...
24-01-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2017
Med's Done....
02-01-2018
Hey all,

I'm from Australia and I've applied via Outland as everyone here suggested due to increased speed. I sent in my application about 6 months ago and it is still processing which is good.

I am renting in Toronto and got a visitor extension just now for an extra 3 months until April 18 (the day we entered) however I am worried that will not be enough time until my application is complete.

Can I apply for another one when this one is close to expiring? I attached the receipt of my PR application to my visitor application last time I am hoping I can do that again

Yep you can apply online to extend your visitor status..it's suggested you do it 30 days before but you can actually apply right up until the day before your status expires.

As long as you apply before it expires you will then be granted what is called implied status. Meaning you will be fine until you get a result on your extension or your pr app.

Hopefully you won't have to apply to extend and your pr will come through before then.

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
Yup, Weegie is right, you can extend indefinitely. We're in Toronto also and my husband's cousin's girlfriend has gotten a visitor extension like five times in a row. :p

bij4

Star Member
Jan 24, 2018
Hey all,

Hey chatmonke !

Did you get married in canada and applied via Outland?
My fiance and I want to get married in Canada and then apply for PR via either inland or outland. Not sure what to include in the visitor letter.
Any suggestions for us please?

thanks