+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Outland applicant, medical inside Canada

DanaF

Mar 12, 2018
Hi there! December 8, 2017 outland applicant from Bangladesh (visa office Singapore). I recently received my request for medical but I’m in Canada at the moment visiting my spouse on a tourist visa. I was wondering if it might be possible for me to get my medical done from here at Canada instead of going back to Bangladesh for it, and whether it would create any issues for my PR application. Does anyone have any idea in this regard?

mrs_december

Star Member
Jun 10, 2017
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
03-05-2018
AOR Received.
09-06-2018
File Transfer...
26-06-2018
Med's Request
18-06-2018
Med's Done....
06-07-2018
Passport Req..
22-08-2018
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-2018
LANDED..........
02-09-2018
You can get your medicals done at any CIC Panel Physician, including inside Canada. It will not impact your application in any way. Make sure that the physician who does your medicals is listed on the CIC site as an approved panel physician.

Reactions: DanaF

Shuadledoo

Mar 30, 2018
I second the above, my application was an outland application but I did my medicals inside canada whilst on a tourist visa.
As stated above it needs to be by an approved panel physician (check out cic website for a list)

John013

Jun 17, 2017
The Netherlands
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
29-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-06-2017
File Transfer...
03-07-2017
Med's Request
02-11-2017
Med's Done....
06-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
31-08-2018
LANDED..........
06-10-2018
Me too, was visiting Canada when i got the request and went to a panel physician no problem. Sometimes its cheaper too.

DanaF

Mar 12, 2018
That’s great to hear!
On a different note, did you guys have to go back to your home country to submit your passport when the decision arrived or were you able to stay in Canada for the same?

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
That’s great to hear!
On a different note, did you guys have to go back to your home country to submit your passport when the decision arrived or were you able to stay in Canada for the same?
You do not need to return to your home country for this.

DanaF

Mar 12, 2018
You do not need to return to your home country for this.
I was asking because my home country is bangladesh but once I submit my passport to authorities there, they would forward it to singapore from where I would receive the temporary visa for landing. If I were to stay on in Canada, how would that process be carried out?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I was asking because my home country is bangladesh but once I submit my passport to authorities there, they would forward it to singapore from where I would receive the temporary visa for landing. If I were to stay on in Canada, how would that process be carried out?
Passport will be mailed to Ottawa.

Reactions: YVR123

DanaF

Mar 12, 2018
Passport will be mailed to Ottawa.
December 2017 outland applicant (Singapore VO) visiting my spouse in Canada on a tourist visa since mid February 2018

Hi, I’ve just received my passport request (email received june 13). We were thinking of sending my passport from here as you’d earlier suggested instead of going back to my home country.
Can you clarify if this is possible and any sources I can refer to?
Would we need to do anything differently in that case or change our address anywhere on the application?
Also am I to submit all my passports or only the current one?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
December 2017 outland applicant (Singapore VO) visiting my spouse in Canada on a tourist visa since mid February 2018

Hi, I’ve just received my passport request (email received june 13). We were thinking of sending my passport from here as you’d earlier suggested instead of going back to my home country.
Can you clarify if this is possible and any sources I can refer to?
Would we need to do anything differently in that case or change our address anywhere on the application?
Also am I to submit all my passports or only the current one?
The PPR should state instructions to send to Ottawa.

trinirock

Star Member
May 2, 2017
App. Filed.......
8th March 2018
Doc's Request.
12th March 2018
AOR Received.
26th April 2018
File Transfer...
07th May 2018
Med's Request
10th August 2018
Med's Done....
25th August 2018
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
25th October 2018
VISA ISSUED...
12th November 2018
Hi there! December 8, 2017 outland applicant from Bangladesh (visa office Singapore). I recently received my request for medical but I’m in Canada at the moment visiting my spouse on a tourist visa. I was wondering if it might be possible for me to get my medical done from here at Canada instead of going back to Bangladesh for it, and whether it would create any issues for my PR application. Does anyone have any idea in this regard?
Hi DanaF regarding you visiting your spouse in Canada on a tourist visa did you have any problems entering Canada at the Canadian border? And if you dont mind me asking which airport you enter? Reason why I am asking is because my husband (PA) and I (sponsor) will be visiting Canada this summer and a bit worried and want to be prepared as

DanaF

Mar 12, 2018
Hi DanaF regarding you visiting your spouse in Canada on a tourist visa did you have any problems entering Canada at the Canadian border? And if you dont mind me asking which airport you enter? Reason why I am asking is because my husband (PA) and I (sponsor) will be visiting Canada this summer and a bit worried and want to be prepared as
I had no trouble. They asked me who I was visiting and how long for, that’s all. And I came in through Pearson.

DanaF

Mar 12, 2018
The PPR should state instructions to send to Ottawa.
It did. Under a headline for residents of canada, it stated that if I have a mailing address here, I could send it to cpc ottowa.

“Residents of CANADA
If you have a mailing address in Canada and all your accompanying dependents on your application are currently in Canada and plan to be in Canada for at least three (3) months, you may submit your passport(s) and photos to the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa (“CPC-O”). You are required to send your document(s) together along with a copy of this letter by mail or courier”

However I’m not sure if I qualify as a resident under the official definition. Do you have any idea regarding the same?