+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Out of time:I'm gonna get rejected because no one can answer me this!

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
I've been trying to apply for a visa for a few weeks without being able to even start my application because I don't know what kind of study permit I need. In my acceptance letter it says I have 42 hours of internship however all this experience is freelance, which means I will have several employers.

Now what? I have to apply for a co-op work permit or a regular work permit? I need help as soon as possible, I've asked this here before with no answer, so I've posted this on other threads as well. I'm really desperate.

Cynthia93

Jul 18, 2016
Canada
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Accra VFS
App. Filed.......
16/09/2016
Doc's Request.
Submitted
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Request
13/01/2017
Med's Done....
18/01/2017
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
Already Submitted
VISA ISSUED...
26/01/2017
LANDED..........
22/04/2017
You will have to apply for Study permit and mention that wok is essential to you studies. (Co-op)

Anime

Star Member
Jul 1, 2017
I've been trying to apply for a visa for a few weeks without being able to even start my application because I don't know what kind of study permit I need. In my acceptance letter it says I have 42 hours of internship however all this experience is freelance, which means I will have several employers.

Now what? I have to apply for a co-op work permit or a regular work permit? I need help as soon as possible, I've asked this here before with no answer, so I've posted this on other threads as well. I'm really desperate.
Try finding a consultant for detailed information.

dixit18

Jul 11, 2017
Try to contact the international students office/immigration office of the school that you are going to attend.

Anime

Star Member
Jul 1, 2017

Sorry I'm not knowledgeable enough to answer that.

Sopperfect

Jun 29, 2017

You don't have to do anything extra. Ask your college if it is co-op or non co-op. Internship does not neccesarily mean co-op. In your offer letter or any letter from the college, it will be indicated that you will require a work permit. If it is not written then that internship is just a part of your semester and is not Co-op. When visa officer will read the letter they know that you need/do not need a letter.

mzlolo

Feb 25, 2017
let the international students office send you a letter showing that work is an essential component of your studies. when applying for the study permit, choose that work is essential component of your studies. at the end you will be required to attach that document.