+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Out of status , please help !!!

pranav96

Feb 18, 2020
I was graduated in dec 2018 and applied for PGWP after study permit expired , Work permit got rejected and re applied with restoration and got rejected again . What other options do I have ? I have my to be wife here in Canada with study permit . Can I marry her and apply for Spouse OWP ? What are the pros and cons
Please give me some guidelines !

Muj

Star Member
Jun 25, 2018
I would say never overstay. I did in the past and I am still facing consequences. Some consultants/lawyers may suggest you to apply for a TRP but don't. It gets refused all the time. It will be best for you to leave in less than a 30 days. Since every case if different because it depends on the time you spent in Canada and your ties, I would say consult a good lawyer and ask about your options.

Muj

Star Member
Jun 25, 2018
I overstayed because I was really sad and depressed after the refusal. My study permit was refused with restoration. So I overstayed for 6 months and applied for TRP and the TRP refused too. I came back to India and now I am working. I am happy here but I would have been more happy in Canada may be.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I was graduated in dec 2018 and applied for PGWP after study permit expired , Work permit got rejected and re applied with restoration and got rejected again . What other options do I have ? I have my to be wife here in Canada with study permit . Can I marry her and apply for Spouse OWP ? What are the pros and cons
If you graduated in Dec 2018, you have been in Canada illegally for a close to a year or more. You cannot legalize your status from within Canada and need to leave. You can certainly get married but given your overstay, you have little chance of being approved for a work permit.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Why was your restoration & pgwp rejected sexond time? At this point there are no realistic options for you to remain it seems.

Quelaag

May 15, 2019
You can marry her and apply for PR through spousal sponsorship (inland). Make sure you have very solid case and there is no doubt about your relationship being genuine. Do not work while out of status and be sincere and remorseful in your application. Write an explanation letter. You will not be able to work until/if your whole application gets approved as I don't think you can get OWP anymore in your case.
I was out of status in Canada for 4 years when I applied for spousal PR and received it 7 months later without any questions asked. That said, every case is different and you need to be ready to leave Canada and apply outland if it doesn't work out.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
You can marry her and apply for PR through spousal sponsorship (inland). Make sure you have very solid case and there is no doubt about your relationship being genuine. Do not work while out of status and be sincere and remorseful in your application. Write an explanation letter. You will not be able to work until/if your whole application gets approved as I don't think you can get OWP anymore in your case.
I was out of status in Canada for 4 years when I applied for spousal PR and received it 7 months later without any questions asked. That said, every case is different and you need to be ready to leave Canada and apply outland if it doesn't work out.
?

No one in this situation is a Canadian citizen or PR, so spousal sponsorship is not an option.

pranav96

Feb 18, 2020
thanks for replies , one last doubt lawyers suggested to get married as soon as possible and apply for Spouse open work permit .
my question is Shall I leave to home country and apply for Spousal OWP or can I do a inland application
I’m already out of status
Which works better
Please

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
thanks for replies , one last doubt lawyers suggested to get married as soon as possible and apply for Spouse open work permit .
my question is Shall I leave to home country and apply for Spousal OWP or can I do a inland application
I’m already out of status
Which works better
Please
You cant restore status in Canada if you are past the 90 day mark.

pranav96

Feb 18, 2020
Okay what are the chances of my spouse open work permit gets accepted ??
Am gonna leave Canada and then apply ?
Am already out of status for a year
So what are the chances ??

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Okay what are the chances of my spouse open work permit gets accepted ??
Am gonna leave Canada and then apply ?
Am already out of status for a year
So what are the chances ??
Impossible to say but overstaying will probably count against you.