+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Out of status in Canada,getting married here..HELP

Dan12

Jun 10, 2016
SO when i had the meeting, the CBSA officer told me that CIC sometimes comply and give a first stage approval. However, it's not guaranteed! so if they decided not to comply and pull my application for the first stage process.
Do I have to leave right away?

axvue

Star Member
Oct 6, 2015
Dan12 said:
Hi, I am not too sure how to ask some questions that I have about Out of Status and have being given a removal order.
But firstly, I came to Canada in March of 2014 on a work permit. I meet my wife 2 months after and we started dating. We had a real chemistry and we had decided to get married so I can become a permanent resident. However, we did not get married until July of 2015 and by WP was expired by then.
After we got married we start the application and I send back to my country of origin for my criminal record. I waited over 4months for it, and in March of this year I got a call from a CBSA office to report for a meeting in Victoria. After the meeting he seized my passport and give me back my criminal record and my other documents for my PR application..
Long story short , last week I got a removal order and was given a 60day defferal that ends August 8th. Also, they made me sign a document stating I wouldn't be applying for Pre Risk Assessment.
We are very stress and overwhelming about everything that's going on. I am afraid that I will have to leave my wife and step-son and friends. Not too sure what I can do at this point but if anyone could give me some advise on my case? They told me that they would be contacting CIC to expited my application.. Not too sure about that.. Any one have any experience with this?
I realized overstaying was not the right thing to do but I love my wife and would be devastating if I would have to leave her even for a year.
Can I ask how the CBSA find out u are out of status? Is the Cic call them to report it when they process ur app?

monzy

Apr 10, 2017
Regardless if you decide to do Inland or Outland...just Do it!! Just Send it Out n! It's in your best interest...Trust me...I've been out of status for 9 years and just became a Permanent Resident 2 weeks ago.
How long was the process to get your work permit when you applied inland? Since you were out of status?

Hannita123

Oct 20, 2018
I was in canada and cbsa gave me a deparature order instructions with date. So I bought my ticket they also gave me certificate of deparature so there was nothing about deportation lol so after months I looked at the certificate it says deparature order becomes deportation order I didnt get that because nobody told me you gonna be deported . And they mailed me like desicion made but i need to apply for arc yeah it was a big shock for me.
Hey, I know this is super late but I hope you can reply. I am in the same position as you I was given a departure order and was told I could come back to visit after one year but at the airport I saw the box checked was departure becomes deportation. I am still in shock and I have a humanitarian and compassionate case ongoing right now waiting for first approval. How did you overcome your deportation? Where you able to go back? My boyfriend is Canadian and we plan to marry in the near future so I wanted to know if

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey, I know this is super late but I hope you can reply. I am in the same position as you I was given a departure order and was told I could come back to visit after one year but at the airport I saw the box checked was departure becomes deportation. I am still in shock and I have a humanitarian and compassionate case ongoing right now waiting for first approval. How did you overcome your deportation? Where you able to go back? My boyfriend is Canadian and we plan to marry in the near future so I wanted to know if
Unfortunately you can't assume your H&C will be approved.

Hannita123

Oct 20, 2018
Unfortunately you can't assume your H&C will be approved.
I’m not saying it will be approved, I am a legacy case and our lawyers say we have a big chance of getting it, but in case it is denied, which is also a liability. I want to know what my options are.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
H&C application won’t prevent deportation. The application will still be processed whether you are in Canada or not. you Could apply for spousal sponsorship once married, but you should assume any temporary resident visa will be refused.

Keepfaith09

Star Member
Feb 28, 2019
Can I ask how the CBSA find out u are out of status? Is the Cic call them to report it when they process ur app?
SO when i had the meeting, the CBSA officer told me that CIC sometimes comply and give a first stage approval. However, it's not guaranteed! so if they decided not to comply and pull my application for the first stage process.
Do I have to leave right away?
hi i have the same situation cbsa given me a 60 days removal order and what happened to your application

visajon

May 26, 2020
Dear friends.

entered Canada as a student, but now out of status for 2 yearss.
Now getting married in Canada and wife is PR.

Should i file PR in Canada spousal sponsorship OR leave Canada and file from outside?

Pls Share..
What eventually happend to you sir, did you get the PR?

HCboy123

Star Member
Aug 18, 2020
I’m not saying it will be approved, I am a legacy case and our lawyers say we have a big chance of getting it, but in case it is denied, which is also a liability. I want to know what my options are.
hello Hannita , i can help you with that please send me a private message ,i know someone who have a similar case like you got approved .

Reactions: Carairish

Carairish

Mar 12, 2021
Regardless if you decide to do Inland or Outland...just Do it!! Just Send it Out n! It's in your best interest...Trust me...I've been out of status for 9 years and just became a Permanent Resident 2 weeks ago.
I just had a question violetblue~ first off though~ big congrats on becoming a Permanent resident I like you have been out of status in the past. This is one of the reasons I have been delaying submitting my application for spousal sponsorship... I am so very anxious
Did you work while out of status?

Carairish

Mar 12, 2021
Dear friends.

entered Canada as a student, but now out of status for 2 yearss.
Now getting married in Canada and wife is PR.

Should i file PR in Canada spousal sponsorship OR leave Canada and file from outside?

Pls Share..
Hi, can I ask whatever happened to your application? Were you able to proceed with it?