+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Out of status- CBSA visit. Exclusion order..help!!

Canadianguy1989

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
Have my interview with cbsa today I'm a little confused about the whole process I was given a excursion order for one year I was also given a prra order as well I'm not sure how much time prra can give me? Is it better to wave it? and go with a deferral of removal order and they said they will fast track my application within the 2 months to make a decision if no decision is made removal process will start.

Listen if you ignore the PRRA and choose the 60 day deferral process that's ONLY 60 days. Most immigration applications take months to move along and progress.
I would firstly suggest to go down the PRRA route. You can make your written submission with PRRA why its not safe for you to return to your home country, discrimination, prejudice, etc. and attach supporting evidence like medical documents, emails, etc. Even if your PRRA doesn't get approved it gives you TIME.
Most PRRA take months to even get looked at processed and put through the Canadian court system this is beneficial to you as it gives your immigration file time to progress and hopefully results in a stay. me and my spouse went through the PRRA route and we got approved in principle because of it. So it take your changes with PRRA as 60 day deferral is not worth it.

**Disclaimer I am not a professional consultant or lawyer. However giving you this advise based on personal experience.

Chad4lyphe

Jul 28, 2019
Listen if you ignore the PRRA and choose the 60 day deferral process that's ONLY 60 days. Most immigration applications take months to move along and progress.
I would firstly suggest to go down the PRRA route. You can make your written submission with PRRA why its not safe for you to return to your home country, discrimination, prejudice, etc. and attach supporting evidence like medical documents, emails, etc. Even if your PRRA doesn't get approved it gives you TIME.
Most PRRA take months to even get looked at processed and put through the Canadian court system this is beneficial to you as it gives your immigration file time to progress and hopefully results in a stay. me and my spouse went through the PRRA route and we got approved in principle because of it. So it take your changes with PRRA as 60 day deferral is not worth it.

**Disclaimer I am not a professional consultant or lawyer. However giving you this advise based on personal experience.
I was thinking the same thing but I don't know how much time it'll give me for my application. I really don't have any psycical evidence to support my it's dangerous for me to go back home so I know it'll get denied how much time did it give you?

Canadianguy1989

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
I was thinking the same thing but I don't know how much time it'll give me for my application. I really don't have any psycical evidence to support my it's dangerous for me to go back home so I know it'll get denied how much time did it give you?
Our situation was different, we didn't need time, basically we got lucky. (thank god) basically when the officer who recived our PRRA read the file, he called immigration verification officer and said listen lf there file is in good standing just approve them in principle as its not worth the PRRA office time to pursue this. so automatically we got AIP because the officer from PRRA office called the immigration office about our file.

Basically each situation is different. in our situation they didn't accept our PRRA because the approved us in principle instead.

Reactions: Chad4lyphe

Keepfaith09

Star Member
Feb 28, 2019
Have my interview with cbsa today I'm a little confused about the whole process I was given a excursion order for one year I was also given a prra order as well I'm not sure how much time prra can give me? Is it better to wave it? and go with a deferral of removal order and they said they will fast track my application within the 2 months to make a decision if no decision is made removal process will start.
I have the same situation of you before last april 2019 i have been interviewed by the CBSA they gave me an option of exclusion order which was 60 days removal.and i didnt chose the PRRA because my country is good. i accepted the 60days removal. May2019 i got AIP and sponsor approval.. i passed my common law sponosorshop last january2019

Canadianguy1989

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
I have the same situation of you before last april 2019 i have been interviewed by the CBSA they gave me an option of exclusion order which was 60 days removal.and i didnt chose the PRRA because my country is good. i accepted the 60days removal. May2019 i got AIP and sponsor approval.. i passed my common law sponosorshop last january2019
I noticed CBSA seized your passport. DID you end up renewing it? did they return the passport to you?

Keepfaith09

Star Member
Feb 28, 2019
Hi.. CBSA forwarded it to IRCC and i wrote to IRCC that i have to renew it and they returned to me last July31st then August 1st we went to vancouver to renew my passport in my home country Embassy

Chad4lyphe

Jul 28, 2019
thank for your reply can i ask how far the processing was in your application, before April 2019? i know i have a solid application but its not far in process so far i have only receive AOR before my encounter with cbsa i talk with a immigration lawyer an she said it best to waive it cause it can push my application to approve in principle faster, but being on this forum everyone case is different and this is my future i am talking about, some waive it an it work out for the best, some go the prra route and it work out for the best for them as well so it not a clear standard to follow.

Pgtk

Star Member
Feb 8, 2018
thank for your reply can i ask how far the processing was in your application, before April 2019? i know i have a solid application but its not far in process so far i have only receive AOR before my encounter with cbsa i talk with a immigration lawyer an she said it best to waive it cause it can push my application to approve in principle faster, but being on this forum everyone case is different and this is my future i am talking about, some waive it an it work out for the best, some go the prra route and it work out for the best for them as well so it not a clear standard to follow.
My husband applied for inland spousal sponsorship in Jan 2018 . In Jan 2019 we got call from CBSA at that same time I got SA and file was transferred to local office .CBSA gave my husband an option for PRRA., so we applied for PRRA because local offices take some time .Its been more than 8 months we haven't heard from CIC .