+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Out of 7 jobs declared....

Funkdakarma

Jun 7, 2011
.....I have the correct template of reference letter available for 6 of those jobs.

The 7th one is acting rather flaky about getting me a reference letter in the absolute right format that I've requested with all the CIC stipulations, but I've discovered that I have received an employment certificate from them a few years ago (issued after I left them), which contains most of the requirements, but doesn't expand too much on the job responsibilities, and doesn't declare the number of hours worked.

My question is: will this be a basis for rejection of my application? Or will it just mean that I may not be awarded get points for that experience?

Thanks!

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
If the six jobs cover more than 3 years, you can simply move the seventh to your personal history section and forego the need to upload any proof of employment.

Reactions: Funkdakarma

Funkdakarma

Jun 7, 2011
If the six jobs cover more than 3 years, you can simply move the seventh to your personal history section and forego the need to upload any proof of employment.
Thank you!

I've already added the job to my employment experience, but haven't yet submitted the e-APR in full with uploaded documents. Can you still delete that row from the Employment Experience section?

Funkdakarma

Jun 7, 2011
You can also include other supporting information like tax returns or pay stubs.
Thanks picklee!

I have an offer of employment from them (with only my signature), along with the letter stated before. Where I live and work, we don't file tax returns or get pay stubs.

Basically, if I only submit that letter (and maybe the offer of employment), does it mean that:

a) they will reject the application because of insufficient proof?

or

b) there is a likelihood that they won't consider that job towards my points, but will consider my other experience (which amounts to 8 years or so without that job, which was only 6 months)?

Thanks for your advice!

samuelja

Star Member
Nov 22, 2015
Thanks picklee!

I have an offer of employment from them (with only my signature), along with the letter stated before. Where I live and work, we don't file tax returns or get pay stubs.

Basically, if I only submit that letter (and maybe the offer of employment), does it mean that:

a) they will reject the application because of insufficient proof?

or

b) there is a likelihood that they won't consider that job towards my points, but will consider my other experience (which amounts to 8 years or so without that job, which was only 6 months)?

Thanks for your advice!
Where do you live exactly??

Actually the Tax docs or the Payslips/Paystubs are not mandatory docs, but yes they can help your cause if the relevant docs such as Reference Letter is not having all the information laid out by the CIC. Hope this helps.

Funkdakarma

Jun 7, 2011
Where do you live exactly??

Actually the Tax docs or the Payslips/Paystubs are not mandatory docs, but yes they can help your cause if the relevant docs such as Reference Letter is not having all the information laid out by the CIC. Hope this helps.
Thanks for taking the time to reply samuelja

I live in the United Arab Emirates, we don't file for taxes here, and all salary is usually wire transferred by bank as opposed to cheques with pay stubs.

samuelja

Star Member
Nov 22, 2015
Thanks for taking the time to reply samuelja

I live in the United Arab Emirates, we don't file for taxes here, and all salary is usually wire transferred by bank as opposed to cheques with pay stubs.
Hi buddy, I understand your situation but am unable to suggest an advice as of now. Please do ping @legalfalcon once to ask his opinion on this, I believe he can help you. Good luck.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Thank you!

I've already added the job to my employment experience, but haven't yet submitted the e-APR in full with uploaded documents. Can you still delete that row from the Employment Experience section?
Yes, you can modify anything before you submit, you just need to make sure it doesn't lower your points below the CRS cutoff for your ITA, or below the 67/100 FSW requirement.

Funkdakarma

Jun 7, 2011
Yes, you can modify anything before you submit, you just need to make sure it doesn't lower your points below the CRS cutoff for your ITA, or below the 67/100 FSW requirement.
Thanks a lot for clarifying. I have about 10 years worth of employment experience, I think taking out the one job which was for only 6 months anyway would not make a material difference to the points.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
.....I have the correct template of reference letter available for 6 of those jobs.

The 7th one is acting rather flaky about getting me a reference letter in the absolute right format that I've requested with all the CIC stipulations, but I've discovered that I have received an employment certificate from them a few years ago (issued after I left them), which contains most of the requirements, but doesn't expand too much on the job responsibilities, and doesn't declare the number of hours worked.

My question is: will this be a basis for rejection of my application? Or will it just mean that I may not be awarded get points for that experience?

Thanks!
You can prove employment from letters from colleagues, former supervisors, clients etc. You can get the letter on a plain paper with what IRCC requires and get it notarized. Also add more documents, like the joining letter, any promotion letters given or other documents.

You can even omit this experience, but make sure that you still meet the minimum CRS score and the program score you have allied for.

Funkdakarma

Jun 7, 2011
You can prove employment from letters from colleagues, former supervisors, clients etc. You can get the letter on a plain paper with what IRCC requires and get it notarized. Also add more documents, like the joining letter, any promotion letters given or other documents.

You can even omit this experience, but make sure that you still meet the minimum CRS score and the program score you have allied for.
Thanks for the advice!