+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ottawa Office forwarded my Application to Buffalo AGAIN !!!

Adeeb

Star Member
Jan 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2011
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
May 2011
AOR Received.
3 Nov 2011
IELTS Request
Waived
File Transfer...
3 Nov 2011
Med's Request
3 Nov 2011
Med's Done....
15 Dec 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08 June 2012
shaikhaffi said:
Hmm Any idea how long will take for PPR?
Nobody knows the answer of this buddy, it all depend on your officer and his work load, I was stuck in this stage for 3 months, but that was with Buffalo, hopefully Ottawa is much faster.

shaikhaffi

Jan 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-DEC-2010
Nomination.....
10-OCT-2010
AOR Received.
15-JUL-2011
File Transfer...
16-MAY-2012 -- CPP Ottawa
Med's Request
15-JUL-2011
Med's Done....
18-JUL-2011
Passport Req..
April 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 25, 2013
LANDED..........
April 25, 2013
Adeeb said:
Nobody knows the answer of this buddy, it all depend on your officer and his work load, I was stuck in this stage for 3 months, but that was with Buffalo, hopefully Ottawa is much faster.
Hope so man, it has been month since in this stage. Officer was assigned on this task on May 9th but i don't see anything on GCMS notes that means the file is still in queue and officer hasn't looked into it.

Thanks Budy, did your passports back?

Adeeb

Star Member
Jan 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2011
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
May 2011
AOR Received.
3 Nov 2011
IELTS Request
Waived
File Transfer...
3 Nov 2011
Med's Request
3 Nov 2011
Med's Done....
15 Dec 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08 June 2012
shaikhaffi said:
Hope so man, it has been month since in this stage. Officer was assigned on this task on May 9th but i don't see anything on GCMS notes that means the file is still in queue and officer hasn't looked into it.

Thanks Budy, did your passports back?
It reaches WINDSOR yesterday, once my eCAS changed to Decision made i will start track the return envelop

shaikhaffi

Jan 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-DEC-2010
Nomination.....
10-OCT-2010
AOR Received.
15-JUL-2011
File Transfer...
Med's Request
15-JUL-2011
Med's Done....
18-JUL-2011
Passport Req..
April 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 25, 2013
LANDED..........
April 25, 2013
Adeeb said:
It reaches WINDSOR yesterday, once my eCAS changed to Decision made i will start track the return envelop
It depends on Office when to change status to Decision Made, most officers do that after returning Passport i.e. when passport is in transit back to you. And also count 2 days of reaching passport from windsor to detroit.

bkd1969

May 1, 2011
Adeeb said:
should visa have to be issues by oversea VO, i..e Detroit, LA, NY, etc? Windsor is in Canadian territory.

Adeeb

Star Member
Jan 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2011
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
May 2011
AOR Received.
3 Nov 2011
IELTS Request
Waived
File Transfer...
3 Nov 2011
Med's Request
3 Nov 2011
Med's Done....
15 Dec 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08 June 2012
shaikhaffi said:
It depends on Office when to change status to Decision Made, most officers do that after returning Passport i.e. when passport is in transit back to you. And also count 2 days of reaching passport from windsor to detroit.
I am tracking both anyway, but there is no record for the return enevlop yet in canadapost

Adeeb

Star Member
Jan 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2011
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
May 2011
AOR Received.
3 Nov 2011
IELTS Request
Waived
File Transfer...
3 Nov 2011
Med's Request
3 Nov 2011
Med's Done....
15 Dec 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08 June 2012
bkd1969 said:
should visa have to be issues by oversea VO, i..e Detroit, LA, NY, etc? Windsor is in Canadian territory.
It looks like this, WINDSOR is just a PO Box as I was told.

mustang72

Star Member
Oct 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo (got transferred to Ottawa-pilot)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-sep-2011
AOR Received.
15-nov-2011
Med's Request
15-nov-2011
Med's Done....
16-nov-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
3-may-2012
VISA ISSUED...
5-june-2012
LANDED..........
14-june-2012
hi huys

I want to tell u guys some of my experiences for the whole immigration process.
1) nornally it takes around 3 months after file transfer for the visa office to look at ur file. so if u dont hear anything from VO after for around 2.5 months dont panic, 3 months is the normal time.

2) address disappearance is not always the sign that they processing ur file, and u may have to wait few months be fore u get any news. for some address disappreance works quickly and for some it does not mean anything.

3) for me the visa stamping status was really strange. all the cases that I have seen on the forums so far have thier status changed to Decision Made, once they stamp the passport with visa. but for me, it changed from IN PROCESS to DECISION MADE after a week I received my passport back with visa and COPR. so dont worry if ur status does not chnaged while ur passport is still at the visa office. during that time I contacted buffalo, they replied me syaing that ur documents have been printed and will sent to u soon.

4) I was a bit scared for the flag polling process for landing. I called cic they emailed the falg polling procedure. I went to the US border it all went okay came back to the Canadian border for landing. they took my all study and work permits,COPR, passport, driver liscence (for current address), and PNP nomination letter took ten min and then called me and have me sign cic copy of COPR at two locations. then stamped my copy of COPR and told me that it will take PR card 6-8 weeks to be mailed to my address.

5) if u have any mistakes on your COPR apart from your name, date of birth, citizenship then those mistakes will be corrected at the port of entry. otherwise u need to contact VO and they will teel u to sent your pp and COPR back for corrections. the best thing is that u must contact VO if u have any mistakes on visa and COPR and they will tell you what to do next.

I wish all people whose cases r in process all the best.

shaikhaffi

Jan 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-DEC-2010
Nomination.....
10-OCT-2010
AOR Received.
15-JUL-2011
File Transfer...
Med's Request
15-JUL-2011
Med's Done....
18-JUL-2011
Passport Req..
April 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 25, 2013
LANDED..........
April 25, 2013
Adeeb said:
I am tracking both anyway, but there is no record for the return enevlop yet in canadapost
Dear Adeeb

I looked in Criminality, medical and eligibility sections of GCMS for due dates, I found very strange stuff even though the status of 'eligibility' is 'passed' and status date is '06/16/2011' the due date is '06/15/2012'!! What does that mean? If the task is completed why is there another due date? Is it something related to review of the file? Or my file was transferred to CPP Ottawa from BUFFALO that's why.... I see same stuff for Criminality and Medical. Their status is Passed but again they have due date of June 16th 2012..

Any idea what does that mean? Did you get same thing in you GCMS? I will really appreciate your response. Thanks

Adeeb

Star Member
Jan 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2011
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
May 2011
AOR Received.
3 Nov 2011
IELTS Request
Waived
File Transfer...
3 Nov 2011
Med's Request
3 Nov 2011
Med's Done....
15 Dec 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08 June 2012
mustang72 said:
hi huys

I want to tell u guys some of my experiences for the whole immigration process.
1) nornally it takes around 3 months after file transfer for the visa office to look at ur file. so if u dont hear anything from VO after for around 2.5 months dont panic, 3 months is the normal time.

2) address disappearance is not always the sign that they processing ur file, and u may have to wait few months be fore u get any news. for some address disappreance works quickly and for some it does not mean anything.

3) for me the visa stamping status was really strange. all the cases that I have seen on the forums so far have thier status changed to Decision Made, once they stamp the passport with visa. but for me, it changed from IN PROCESS to DECISION MADE after a week I received my passport back with visa and COPR. so dont worry if ur status does not chnaged while ur passport is still at the visa office. during that time I contacted buffalo, they replied me syaing that ur documents have been printed and will sent to u soon.

4) I was a bit scared for the flag polling process for landing. I called cic they emailed the falg polling procedure. I went to the US border it all went okay came back to the Canadian border for landing. they took my all study and work permits,COPR, passport, driver liscence (for current address), and PNP nomination letter took ten min and then called me and have me sign cic copy of COPR at two locations. then stamped my copy of COPR and told me that it will take PR card 6-8 weeks to be mailed to my address.

5) if u have any mistakes on your COPR apart from your name, date of birth, citizenship then those mistakes will be corrected at the port of entry. otherwise u need to contact VO and they will teel u to sent your pp and COPR back for corrections. the best thing is that u must contact VO if u have any mistakes on visa and COPR and they will tell you what to do next.

I wish all people whose cases r in process all the best.
Excellent info. Thanks for sharing your experience with us. And congrats for the landing. You are starting a new track of waiting now to be a Canadian citizen. :D

One question did you have an American visa? I was told I don't need a Canadian visa in order to cross the border for landing, as I will not enter the states, I am only existing and re enter Canada. thanks

Adeeb

Star Member
Jan 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2011
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
May 2011
AOR Received.
3 Nov 2011
IELTS Request
Waived
File Transfer...
3 Nov 2011
Med's Request
3 Nov 2011
Med's Done....
15 Dec 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08 June 2012
shaikhaffi said:
Dear Adeeb

I looked in Criminality, medical and eligibility sections of GCMS for due dates, I found very strange stuff even though the status of 'eligibility' is 'passed' and status date is '06/16/2011' the due date is '06/15/2012'!! What does that mean? If the task is completed why is there another due date? Is it something related to review of the file? Or my file was transferred to CPP Ottawa from BUFFALO that's why.... I see same stuff for Criminality and Medical. Their status is Passed but again they have due date of June 16th 2012..

Any idea what does that mean? Did you get same thing in you GCMS? I will really appreciate your response. Thanks
Hi buddy,

Yes, i have th same, As I told you before the due date is just a reminder for them to have this category completed by a specific time, otherwise th system will nag the officer if the date is passed.

The due date was Set to June 15, but they completed it 12 months faster than that.

I don't see there is something to worry about here.

lamine38

Apr 26, 2012
this is my timeline:

application received at Buffalo: December 14, 2011
Medical request from CPP-O: April 12, 2012
Medicale done: April 13, 2012
adresse appear on E-CAS: June 07, 2012
Medical received on E-CAS: June 11, 2012
started processing my application on E-CAS: June 19, 2012

Now i am waiting for passeport request

Adeeb

Star Member
Jan 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2011
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
May 2011
AOR Received.
3 Nov 2011
IELTS Request
Waived
File Transfer...
3 Nov 2011
Med's Request
3 Nov 2011
Med's Done....
15 Dec 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08 June 2012
Hello Folks,

I crossed the border and did the landing. YA HOOOOOOOO

How things going?

shaikhaffi

Jan 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-DEC-2010
Nomination.....
10-OCT-2010
AOR Received.
15-JUL-2011
File Transfer...
Med's Request
15-JUL-2011
Med's Done....
18-JUL-2011
Passport Req..
April 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 25, 2013
LANDED..........
April 25, 2013
Adeeb said:
Hello Folks,

I crossed the border and did the landing. YA HOOOOOOOO

How things going?
Congratulations bro... a question for you what does "Group Name: PR Waiver" means in GCMS, i am still waiting looks like they have sent my file for thorough BG checks? i don't know when did they sent, any idea how long that process take? i haven't been to many countries other than Canada after my home country.