+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ottawa office applications 2015

Zarzor

May 25, 2015
AsianIndian said:
I am from Ottawa too. My timeline is in my signature. However, for some reason, my file is still stuck in Sydney. :-X :-X
Hello AsianIndian
I have same situation like you. I applied 28 November 2014, AOR 10 feb 2014. That is all. It is not even showing in process in my ECAs. Do you have any idea why the applications got stuck in Sydney?

Messi

Star Member
Mar 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OrangeCup said:
Messi and Readytofly,

We are on the same timeline from what I see in the spreadsheet, so hopefully we'll be getting invites for the test soon. Per my observation based on September/October applications it sounds like we should get invites end of June/early July. Fingers crossed everything is going to be ok.

p.s. I tried calling cic help center to see if a test invite has been sent out, but the lady just said that unless it's been 24 months since application submission they can't help me

OrangeCup.
Orange cup,

Yes we are pretty close, hopefully we can hear good news soon.

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
looks like they have become very firm and stubborn about not giving out info. :-X :-X.

one agent also said something like I am being monitored so I just cannot go into (access) a file unless it's been over 24 months etc etc...

Tamara_

Star Member
Mar 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I wish the best of luck to all Ottawa applicants for 2015.

Messi

Star Member
Mar 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Ottawans;

I just heard from a friend of mine who applied on October 31 2014 that he just got his test invitation on June 10, it looks like we will hear a lot of invitations soon.

OrangeCup

Star Member
Feb 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Messi said:
Hi Ottawans;

I just heard from a friend of mine who applied on October 31 2014 that he just got his test invitation on June 10, it looks like we will hear a lot of invitations soon.
Thanks Messi, good luck to your friend!

Merosara

Jun 2, 2015
Hello everyone! :D I'm knew to this forum.

I am also in Ottawa currently and have submitted a family application. My timeline is as follows:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 30, 2014.
We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 23, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
We started processing your application on March 6, 2015.
Your file was transferred to the Ottawa office on March 20, 2015. The Ottawa office will contact you.

I have been told that that the Ottawa office is notoriously slow, so I,m glad to see this thread.

Cheers!!

Messi

Star Member
Mar 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Merosara said:
Hello everyone! :D I'm knew to this forum.

I am also in Ottawa currently and have submitted a family application. My timeline is as follows:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 30, 2014.
We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 23, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
We started processing your application on March 6, 2015.
Your file was transferred to the Ottawa office on March 20, 2015. The Ottawa office will contact you.

I have been told that that the Ottawa office is notoriously slow, so I,m glad to see this thread.

Cheers!!
Merosara,

You have almost the same time as most of us, hope you hear a good new soon.

Merosara

Jun 2, 2015
Messi said:
Merosara,

You have almost the same time as most of us, hope you hear a good new soon.
Thanks Messi! I certainly hope so since I'm moving back to Toronto in August for work.

ama912

Apr 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
received my AOR yesterday after 51 days. Ottawa still seems to be moving slower than everywhere else.

cprak0

May 25, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21-05-2011
Ottawa might be super slow but AOR comes from Sydney...

Merosara

Jun 2, 2015
Today I checked my ecas only to find that the last line had disappeared!!!!
The one that said:

Has this happened to anyone else here?

nihak

Star Member
May 5, 2009
Hi Merosara,
Yes today. it's happen for me also, it's disappeared to transferred line.

My Time line:
In Process: Feb.19.2015
Moved to Ottawa local office: March.30.2015 (disappeared).
Test:
Oath:

Merosara said:
Today I checked my ecas only to find that the last line had disappeared!!!!
The one that said:

Has this happened to anyone else here?

Messi

Star Member
Mar 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nihak said:
Hi Merosara,
Yes today. it's happen for me also, it's disappeared to transferred line.

My Time line:
In Process: Feb.19.2015
Moved to Ottawa local office: March.30.2015 (disappeared).
Test:
Oath:
Hi Guys,I am in the same boat, I checked my ecas the last line has disappeared, I hope they are just updating the system.

nihak,

I have exactly the same timeline as yours as you can see in my signature, hopefully we listen some good news soon.

nihak

Star Member
May 5, 2009
Yes Messi.
I think same thing was happen when update of the (we started processing your application...line).
Hopefully we can here a good new for test invite before 11th of June.

Thanks,
Nihak.