+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OTTAWA Case Pilot Office - for 2007 London Applicants only

psychosibes

Apr 16, 2010
TO M+JM and all

Hi, we are in exactly the same boat. This is my posting on Trackitt.com today (you can follow me on username 'psychosibes'):

We are having our application processed by the CPP-Ottawa not the CHC London and we had to chase them up today to get our acknowledgement of receipt for our document pack received by them 10 days ago. In return we received this email:

'Dear Madam/Sir,
This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada which was received at this office on April 6, 2010.

As part of the Government of Canada’s Action Plan for Faster Immigration, Citizenship and Immigration Canada is working to reduce this inventory of Federal Skilled Worker applications. Your application is part of a small group of files that has been transferred to the Case Processing Pilot-Ottawa (“CPP-O”) office to speed up processing of your application.

The file number assigned to your file is the same as the one assigned by our visa office in London. You must quote this file number in any future correspondence.

Processing time

Applications for permanent residence in Canada in the category that you have applied to require on average 10 months to process at this office. If you have not received any instructions from this office by February 10, 2011, you are requested to contact this office directly.'

***** 10 MONTHS ***** I thought they were supposed to speed up processing?
Has anybody else had this letter from the CPP-O?
Is processing really taking this long?

As for notarizing documents we asked CPP-O the question and got his reply:

Sir/madam,

Thank you for this enquiry, Photocopies of documents will be just fine, unless originals are requested (such as police certificates). Should the need for a notarized copy of an original be necessary, an officer will specifically request it.

I have to admit, communication has been very prompt and consice.

This whole process is becoming so frustrating. We got AOR on 2-October-2007. Up to August 2009 applications were taking 2 years before request for documents, but we had to wait til the end of February 2010 for ours. To gain some time we got our documents turned around in 4 weeks only to be told that we could now wait 10 months. Whether this is for medical request or issue of visa, god only knows. Anything we can do to encourage others, were here.

M+JM

Star Member
Apr 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Whether this is for medical request or issue of visa, god only knows.
Since we're all wondering I've just emailed CPPO to ask exactly that. They are usually very prompt, so hopefully we'll find out early next week.

psychosibes

Apr 16, 2010
Thanks M+JM, that was my job for this morning, but i will wait for your reply.

Two things spring to mind:

1. If CPP-O have just taken on our applications presumably they have not processed any through to completion, so how do they know it will take on average 10 months? This sounds like an arbitrary figure.
2. If ours are the first such cases, there wont be a backlog so they should be able to start processing now.

M+JM

Star Member
Apr 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That's right. Have you found anyone else apart from this thread who's been processed by them? Another office whose backlog they took before taking London's? No. Try searching CPPO in the forum. It's just us. So how do they know, what is he 10 months estimate based on?
My thought was that CPPO was, before being given London's backlog, a "normal" office (same as London, Damascus etc) with a waiting time of 10 months (as opposed to 40-odd for London), so the time they give us is their standard processing times for people applying directly to Ottawa?? Surely in that case "processing time" would include waiting some time before being asked to submit docs. Could that mean we've got less than 10 months?

What really bugged me was the "if you haven't heard from this office by February 2011"... They can't mean next stage in 10 months? I must hope this is a generic reply sent to "normal" Ottawa applicants...

Hopefully their reply will clarify a few points...

ahmadtajwer

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2009
Aurora
i know an applicant from demascus who applied in 2006 and got the letter to send her docs to cpo ottawa. this office has never dealt with immigration apps before but use to deal with with nationality applications in the country as per my knowledge. as they are fresh so they shouldnt really take that long; wait and see the replies that u get.

M+JM

Star Member
Apr 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
:)
Looks like the skies are brightening up a bit for those Ottawa pilot people like us! Just got a reply from them (emailed on sat morning so really efficient service=]) saying that the "10 months" means that 80% of their cases are being finalized (=]) in 10 months, meaning with a visa granted or a refusal. So hopefully this means that we should definitely hear from them in a few months time for medical checks...
The reply was really really short, just a sentence, but I hope this helps=]

ahmadtajwer

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2009
Aurora
hi mjm, thanx for ur informative reply as i was waiting for this since morning. looks like we will be sorted within 10 months but still they can't beat chc ND which finalises the cases within 6 months but still cant complaint. still will be faster than london hopefully.

M+JM

Star Member
Apr 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Where's chc ND ??? (sorry still quite new to this forum =])

psychosibes

Apr 16, 2010
Thanks M+JM, 10 months still seems a long time, but at least we have some clarification on our situation. Would CHC ND be New Delhi?

mehpk

Nov 2, 2007
Bahrain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Friends

I am posting first time on this thread, one of my friend got update letter from CHC London to send the docs to Otawa, his AOR is of SEP 2007.

regards

***AOR - Nov 2007, waiting for update letter***

ahmadtajwer

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2009
Aurora
Ya CHC ND is New Delhi in India and they are processing applications withing 8 months believe it or not, fastest in the world, lets hope for good for Ottawa thing.

Mehpk, can you pls. ask your friend to share his/her experience on this thread and that how s/he is getting on with docs. ?

psychosibes

Apr 16, 2010
Hi everyone, just a thought:

Does the 10 months timescale start from when we got our document request and include the 120 day period? Or is it from acknowledgement of receipt of documents? Any ideas?

M+JM

Star Member
Apr 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey psychosibes!
we were just wondering the same thing too! Of course part of us wants to think it starts from the document request (and that a few weeks have already passed..=]) but that'd be too good to be true right?
Plus, I think that this "document request" stage only applies to those like us who only sent the simplified aplication to start with. Others (from which they would base their processing times) would have sent their documents straight away, am I right? So if they processed people who didn't go through the simplified application, then their 10 months would start from the moment they receive the docs..(sorry that's really unclear, english is not my mother language=] but it's hard to explain anyway..)

ahmadtajwer

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2009
Aurora
ya right coz i think if they add those 4 months in that, that would meanz within 6 months which is possible but highly unlikely. They can actually start working on your file after receiving your documents and that's when the clock starts. I was thinking Re reply received by M+JM that it'll be within 10 months so it could be anything like 5-6 months, possible ??

M+JM

Star Member
Apr 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's usually best not to keep your hopes too high-that way you can only have good surprises!

It is true that they clarified "average 10 months" into "80% within 10 months", which is a lot more positive.
The fact that they give us this percentage allows a comparison with other offices.
For instance London gives the following:

30% 50% 70% 80%
35 months 37 months 40 months 42 months

The "80%" figure seems to be a standard info they give to applicants, so can we assume CPPO too manages to get some cases wrapped up under 10 months? Try to do the maths: what could their figures be for 30, 50, 70% ? If I keep the proportions, I end up with 30% of applications finalised within 8.33 months...

Of course someone has to be in the unlucky 20% that take more... ;D