+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ottawa Applications

Star Member
Aug 6, 2021
When was your citizenship test marked as complete ? Thanks !
I'm not sure how it's connected, but I received test invitation on the next day after contacting MP in my area. MP received citizenship application status not from ircc agent, from Information center for members of Parliament and senators.
  • May 11, 2021
    Citizenship test activity status updated
    Citizenship test

Citizenship test status has been updated to Completed

Reactions: con2015jan

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Reactions: Nadine_Ottawa

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
Anyone in Ottawa seeing any movement at all. Not me - May 2020 applicant - spreadsheet shows very little progress at all for May 2020 applicants in August. Nothing much for any month in 2020 for Ottawa...... are we all still out there?

Nadine_Ottawa

Star Member
Dec 18, 2019
Anyone in Ottawa seeing any movement at all. Not me - May 2020 applicant - spreadsheet shows very little progress at all for May 2020 applicants in August. Nothing much for any month in 2020 for Ottawa...... are we all still out there?
You applied a few months after me and I’m still waiting on next steps. :) we applied Dec 2019 and nothing since the test in May.

tazmaj13

Sep 1, 2021
Hi I am also an october 2019 applicant, AOR-Jan 2020, everything said -"completed" except for Prohibiton- "in progress" also in March they asked me for FB. is anyone here same as my application? thank you.

Camelboy

Oct 21, 2012
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Hello fellow Ottawans,

I am not sure if you have seen this report but IRCC is messed up. It is projected to have 485k files in backlog :eek:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SQPJW0MKT3-HkynGtOsnPynhicLjpYTu/view

For Ottawa office this will be 15k files in the backlog. For the month June 2021 it has processed 566 files so to clear that backlog based on the current processing time that will be 26.5 months. That is close the processing time in the report from received to decision made is is 22 months for Ottawa so the difference of 4 month out of the 26 could be the wait for the oath.

Another shocking quote form page 38 from the report , it provides recommendation to focus on paper application to reduce backlog and to stop prioriting online applications
Not focusing on eliminating the paper inventory first and prioritizing processing of new e-apps would result in a large stagnant paper inventorywith processing times reaching at least four years if not longer.
I think their goal is to maintain the 2-3 year processing time for paper applications until they fully switch to online and this 2-3 year processing time is not something abnormal for IRCC, back in 2015 that was the actual processing time until they eliminated the backlogs.

At the begining of covid someone posted in this form that there is possiblity that our applications will get returned similar to what happened in 2015 when Skilled workers PR applications that were sitting for 5-7 years were all returned and their fees get refunded. I laughed so hard and said that is not possible with a citizenship application, but I am starting to realize that this could be a possibility with such half a million backlog, may in best case scenario they may say reapply online.

• Wow
Reactions: Nadine_Ottawa

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello fellow Ottawans,

I am not sure if you have seen this report but IRCC is messed up. It is projected to have 485k files in backlog :eek:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SQPJW0MKT3-HkynGtOsnPynhicLjpYTu/view

For Ottawa office this will be 15k files in the backlog. For the month June 2021 it has processed 566 files so to clear that backlog based on the current processing time that will be 26.5 months. That is close the processing time in the report from received to decision made is is 22 months for Ottawa so the difference of 4 month out of the 26 could be the wait for the oath.

Another shocking quote form page 38 from the report , it provides recommendation to focus on paper application to reduce backlog and to stop prioriting online applications

I think their goal is to maintain the 2-3 year processing time for paper applications until they fully switch to online and this 2-3 year processing time is not something abnormal for IRCC, back in 2015 that was the actual processing time until they eliminated the backlogs.

At the begining of covid someone posted in this form that there is possiblity that our applications will get returned similar to what happened in 2015 when Skilled workers PR applications that were sitting for 5-7 years were all returned and their fees get refunded. I laughed so hard and said that is not possible with a citizenship application, but I am starting to realize that this could be a possibility with such half a million backlog, may in best case scenario they may say reapply online.
Well for sure the Ottawa office is not processing at full capacity. Today's ceremony, according to the clerk we were only 32 applicants. From what I've learned from others here who took the oath, it's usually between 45-50 applicants per ceremony. Also, the frequency of ceremonies are less than the other offices. I don't know if this is because the office handles more stuff than just normal Immigration processing?

Suh1756

Star Member
Mar 5, 2017
Well for sure the Ottawa office is not processing at full capacity. Today's ceremony, according to the clerk we were only 32 applicants. From what I've learned from others here who took the oath, it's usually between 45-50 applicants per ceremony. Also, the frequency of ceremonies are less than the other offices. I don't know if this is because the office handles more stuff than just normal Immigration processing?

That's a good point, there is a good chance the Ottawa Office handles more than regular immigration applications, I speculate, Ottawa office must be heavily involved in Afghanistan processing. Also, it already covers a large area that falls under Ottawa jurisdiction for regular immigration applications.

From what I was able to find, here is what Ottawa office is responsible for, apart from the local citizenship applications.

=========================================================
CPC in Ottawa
The case processing centre office in Ottawa (CPC-O) processes:
  • visitor visa (temporary resident visa) applications from within Canada for applicants with valid status (students or temporary foreign workers only).
  • permanent resident visa applications from the United States and Canada, after they have been received and deemed complete by CPC-M or CIO-S.
CPC-O mailing addresses
OSC in Ottawa
The Operations Support Centre (OSC) processes the following applications:
  • International Experience Canada work permits
  • In-Canada temporary resident applications submitted online
  • Verification of Status (VOS)
  • Replacement of valid temporary resident documents
  • Amendment of immigration documents and of valid temporary resident documents

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That's a good point, there is a good chance the Ottawa Office handles more than regular immigration applications, I speculate, Ottawa office must be heavily involved in Afghanistan processing. Also, it already covers a large area that falls under Ottawa jurisdiction for regular immigration applications.

From what I was able to find, here is what Ottawa office is responsible for, apart from the local citizenship applications.

=========================================================
CPC in Ottawa
The case processing centre office in Ottawa (CPC-O) processes:
  • visitor visa (temporary resident visa) applications from within Canada for applicants with valid status (students or temporary foreign workers only).
  • permanent resident visa applications from the United States and Canada, after they have been received and deemed complete by CPC-M or CIO-S.
CPC-O mailing addresses
OSC in Ottawa
The Operations Support Centre (OSC) processes the following applications:
  • International Experience Canada work permits
  • In-Canada temporary resident applications submitted online
  • Verification of Status (VOS)
  • Replacement of valid temporary resident documents
  • Amendment of immigration documents and of valid temporary resident documents
Also, from what I've seen today that most of the attendees were francophone, I would say that the office handles part of Quebec also, I would say Gatineau and north of that.

Reactions: Suh1756

Suh1756

Star Member
Mar 5, 2017
I just checked my application status to and it says all completed except oath. The status changed on August 27th. Now I am waiting for my oath, and really hope it will come soon.
History here suggests you cleared your test on July 9th, 2021? I cleared my test on the same date.
When did your test status change to completed?