+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ottawa Applications

LazyLinh

Star Member
May 25, 2021
I did my Oath on Aug 2nd, emailed the form immediately after with details of my passport appointment on aug 22nd and flight on aug 24th asking for expedited mailing. They replied Aug 3rd that I need an email from company to explain how that's traveling for work, otherwise it won't be entertained. I emailed them back end of day with letter from company, and this morning they replied that it's approved and my certificate will be mailed with purolator instead of regular mail. Hope this helps someone :)

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
Same here. Applied in May 2020 but decision made in January 2022 and waiting for Oath. Don't know how long it will take. Stuck in Limbo, can't travel. can't plan.
I have a feeling that the May 2020 applicants from Ottawa are having a particularly rough ride! There are a few of us out there - the people on the May 2020 spreadsheet are well behind - the Ottawa applicants are also behind! Keep us posted won't you - my morning check shows no change!

Awais_ch

Star Member
Nov 27, 2017
Does anybody know how much time they are taking for certificates to be post from Ottawa office. Should I book an appointment for passport renewal now? or wait for the certificate to be arrive first?

Mrz

Jul 22, 2022
Got an email today from Ottawa office today saying my oath will be completed by Niagara office within 6 weeks - Aug 8

similar email I got end of June saying my oath will be completed within 4 weeks

I think IRCC is playing ping-pong and they don’t understand that this is a life impacting thing, especiallyto those who came tothis country on refugee program and they were unable to travel abroad for long time now!

• Sad
Reactions: Wandering Mind

LazyLinh

Star Member
May 25, 2021
I did my Oath on Aug 2nd, emailed the form immediately after with details of my passport appointment on aug 22nd and flight on aug 24th asking for expedited mailing. They replied Aug 3rd that I need an email from company to explain how that's traveling for work, otherwise it won't be entertained. I emailed them back end of day with letter from company, and this morning they replied that it's approved and my certificate will be mailed with purolator instead of regular mail. Hope this helps someone :)
My file is now Complete/Closed, and actually received my certificate today! It was sent out yesterday according to Purolator, and got to Vancouver from Niagara Falls within one business day. So if you have reasons to request urgent certificate, it's uber fast!

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
I am not sure that there is a 'normally' in this process - I am a May 2020 Ottawa applicant waiting for the oath since last October....
Your patience is commendable! There are people on this forum who applied this year, have been receiving quick and regular updates but are still losing their minds that the process from application to oath ceremony took 6 months!!! And I'm like, dude some of us have been waiting more than that between EACH update!

Good luck to you and everyone waiting - hope our oath invites come sooner rather than later.

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
Exactly.. Mine was completed and DM on January 25th of this year. Nothing till date.. It actually makes me even mad knowing those who applied from ottawa even last August have already gotten their oath done and I am waiting since August 2020
I don't know if I should take comfort in the fact that I'm not alone or start worrying that there is still a very long road ahead of me!

Good luck to all of us!

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
Same here. Applied in May 2020 but decision made in January 2022 and waiting for Oath. Don't know how long it will take. Stuck in Limbo, can't travel. can't plan.
I can't even imagine how hard it must be waiting that long!

I applied in June last year and completed the test in June 2022. And now waiting for the next steps in this long and tiring process.

Take care of yourself and remember you're not alone - we're all here for each other.