AOR Received.
04-01-2017
File Transfer...
17-02-2017
Med's Done....
03-01-2017
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
From my experience, the incompetent Ottawa office just need an excuse to delay their work. And this seems like a perfect excuse since the Afghanistan excuse is exhausted now.

It is very unfortunately. I suggest everyone who is late in getting certificate to reach out to the IRCC minister Seam Fraser. Multiple escalation about a specific office will certainly get some attention.
Best way would be to agree on a template and subject and multiple people to send the email. and to CC media

Reactions: immg.applicant

immg.applicant

Oct 8, 2020
Best way would be to agree on a template and subject and multiple people to send the email. and to CC media
I agree, and not just oath scheduling and certificates. Ottawa office is extremely slow throughout every step of the application. Be it from scheduling tests or verifying test results or scheduling oaths. We should all write to the minister using a same template.

omarnabsws

Jan 13, 2016
Beirut
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
04-01-2017
File Transfer...
17-02-2017
Med's Done....
03-01-2017
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
I think such emails would make a big difference, especially since they come days after the minister went to the media bragging about all the positive changes he wants to implement

immg.applicant

Oct 8, 2020
I think such emails would make a big difference, especially since they come days after the minister went to the media bragging about all the positive changes he wants to implement
If not same email template, then we should at least send the emails on the same day.
Who is in for sending the emails??

omarnabsws

Jan 13, 2016
Beirut
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
04-01-2017
File Transfer...
17-02-2017
Med's Done....
03-01-2017
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
If not same email template, then we should at least send the emails on the same day.
Who is in for sending the emails??
Im not sure, I just suggested it, there are many people waiting for oath and certificate but its hard to get intouch with them and to all agree on sending out the email

immg.applicant

Oct 8, 2020
To everyone waiting in this group, are you guys willing to send an email to IRCC minister telling him about the slowness of Ottawa office?
We can send the email on Feb 7.

ronwahd

Star Member
Jul 23, 2021
Gatineau
I agree with all of you. If we don't push them, I guess everything may delay for at least another 4 months. They had Covid and Afghanistan excuses. Now, they have a better excuse called Truckers. The Queen Street is blocked.

I like the idea of sending the same email to the minister. Thus, I have created a Google Doc and available to be edited by everybody. Please collaborate to edit it as much as possible. I could write something but my grammar is not that great. Since Mondays usually are defined as not having a good mood for all kind of employees, I suggested Tuesday, February 8 between 11:30am to 1:00pm. However, please feel free to suggest/comment another time if you prefer.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/14-tNe6n0iQ9zmhHCFb9oyRcEVLfgvv9w4iweAddu2E0/edit?usp=sharing

AGENTOO7

Feb 2, 2016
I agree with all of you. If we don't push them, I guess everything may delay for at least another 4 months. They had Covid and Afghanistan excuses. Now, they have a better excuse called Truckers. The Queen Street is blocked.

I like the idea of sending the same email to the minister. Thus, I have created a Google Doc and available to be edited by everybody. Please collaborate to edit it as much as possible. I could write something but my grammar is not that great. Since Mondays usually are defined as not having a good mood for all kind of employees, I suggested Tuesday, February 8 between 11:30am to 1:00pm. However, please feel free to suggest/comment another time if you prefer.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/14-tNe6n0iQ9zmhHCFb9oyRcEVLfgvv9w4iweAddu2E0/edit?usp=sharing
This ideas sounds fun. I'm in. But the problem is, I dont know if it will work. Citizenship applicants , are not a priority for the federal government (unless there is an election coming up), just as much as a PR or student applications as we're already part of tax equation (pay both income and consumption), whereas the former, i.e., new PRs and Students bring in money and also join the tax base.

immg.applicant

Oct 8, 2020

This is great, I am okay with sending the email on Feb 8 between 11:30am to 1:00pm. Thanks for setting up the google doc.

Dhaka2014

May 7, 2014
Canada
This ideas sounds fun. I'm in. But the problem is, I dont know if it will work. Citizenship applicants , are not a priority for the federal government (unless there is an election coming up), just as much as a PR or student applications as we're already part of tax equation (pay both income and consumption), whereas the former, i.e., new PRs and Students bring in money and also join the tax base.
The email should not be about citizenship process in general but specific to Ottawa processing office. There are many other offices who are catching up and clearing backlog. Ottawa office is one of the worst if not the worst. So the feedback to the minister should be specific to the slowness of Ottawa office.
He is aware that citizenship process is slow everywhere in general. It’s not about federal gov priority. The feedback is about a specific incompetent office.

Reactions: thuong

AGENTOO7

Feb 2, 2016
The email should not be about citizenship process in general but specific to Ottawa processing office. There are many other offices who are catching up and clearing backlog. Ottawa office is one of the worst if not the worst. So the feedback to the minister should be specific to the slowness of Ottawa office.
He is aware that citizenship process is slow everywhere in general. It’s not about federal gov priority. The feedback is about a specific incompetent office.
While I agree with Ottawa being particularly slow, I think it has something to do with Afghan refugees resettlement. Historically, Canadian government has resettled refugees in the Capital area. That's why you see Iraqis, Syrians, Lebaneese in great numbers in Ottawa. I wouldn't be surprised if Ottawa office is directed to allocate its resources for resettling Afghan refugees at the cost of processing other applications.

Last edited:

omarnabsws

Jan 13, 2016
Beirut
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
04-01-2017
File Transfer...
17-02-2017
Med's Done....
03-01-2017
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
Hey everyone! whoever is waiting for Oath in Ottawa, a friend of mine got an update on tracker this morning for Oath on the 23rd of February, so check your status trackers!!

Hozza

Jul 22, 2020
Hey everyone! whoever is waiting for Oath in Ottawa, a friend of mine got an update on tracker this morning for Oath on the 23rd of February, so check your status trackers!!
Nice. Do you happen to know when your friend filled the application and completed the test?

omarnabsws

Jan 13, 2016
Beirut
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
04-01-2017
File Transfer...
17-02-2017
Med's Done....
03-01-2017
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
Nice. Do you happen to know when your friend filled the application and completed the test?
i think in December

It is a good sign that ottawa is doing oaths again, lets hope we get scheduled soon

omarnabsws

Jan 13, 2016
Beirut
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
04-01-2017
File Transfer...
17-02-2017
Med's Done....
03-01-2017
Passport Req..
17-03-2017

I've written something we can send, feel free to add to it