Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Aug 1, 2012 :)
ufa said:
i hate having to 'justify' my relationship... I love him, end of story.
AMEN!!

bonbon9

Jul 7, 2010
ON, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
MX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/15/2010
AOR Received.
12/02/2010
File Transfer...
10/14/2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
02/23/2011
LANDED..........
05/17/2011
Baloo said:
The good news is, you did not marry the mother in law ;D ;D
That made me laugh! :p

spacey

Star Member
Sep 30, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2010
Doc's Request.
19-01-2010
File Transfer...
04-11-2010
Med's Done....
25-08-2010
Passport Req..
27-01-2011
LANDED..........
24-02-2011
Well i just had a great laugh reading through many of your posts!

Mandi I can relate to the not working thing. I spent 8 months waiting on my visa in the uk and had to live off my husbands meager student loans and my savings at the time. I was constantly told why do you just work we need teachers here! Well duh i am not allowed to. I don't choose to sit around in the house for my days! But you are right people that aren't going through it don't get it.

My latest laugh has been now being able to say my husband is landing on the 24th (we hope no passport yet!) they are always like "What for good?? like for real like he is staying?" I always have to bite down not to be sarcastic and say no he is just visiting after all this we plan to spend the rest of our lives apart! duh!

As for phone calls have you ever tried rebtel. I use them all the time to call the UK turns out to be about 1 cent a minute if they don't also use it but because me and my husbad are both rebtel users we just call each other back and the call is free. I just added unlimited provincal long distance to my land line and then i add the number i want to call and the program gives me a local city number to call and that connects me! Huge savings on the pocket book!

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
spacey said:
My latest laugh has been now being able to say my husband is landing on the 24th (we hope no passport yet!) they are always like "What for good?? like for real like he is staying?" I always have to bite down not to be sarcastic and say no he is just visiting after all this we plan to spend the rest of our lives apart! duh!
I would have said,

"No he is not staying, he is only flying in so we can have $ex - and as we have been apart for a long while,......

he won't be leaving for at least a month :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

That will keep their minds busy - LOL!

eyeoftheocean

Sep 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Jan 2009
File Transfer...
June 2009
Med's Done....
Dec 2008 2nd Meds done Jan 2011 Medical Results have been received March 11
Interview........
AIP interview Aug 09 Security interview May 2010
LANDED..........
29-11-2013

shorttalk

Star Member
Dec 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2010
AOR Received.
9th dec 2010
File Transfer...
30-11-2010
does it drive anyone mad just waiting for your hubby to come home from work....i feel like a little lap dog jumping all overhim when he gets in. Then i get "verbal diorhea" where i talk inscessently for about 2hours having spent all day on my own.....some days I get so lonely i just want to cry :(

bonbon9

Jul 7, 2010
ON, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
MX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/15/2010
AOR Received.
12/02/2010
File Transfer...
10/14/2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
02/23/2011
LANDED..........
05/17/2011
shorttalk said:
does it drive anyone mad just waiting for your hubby to come home from work....i feel like a little lap dog jumping all overhim when he gets in. Then i get "verbal diorhea" where i talk inscessently for about 2hours having spent all day on my own.....some days I get so lonely i just want to cry :(
It happens to me too! I just can't wait everyday for him to come from work. Occasionally I meet him at a food court close to his work and we eat together, then I window shop before coming back home :)

MandiF

Sep 7, 2010
Alberta Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2010
File Transfer...
19-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-09-2010
Passport Req..
05-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2011
LANDED..........
25-02-2011
Oh yes, I am becoming the perfect housewife, everything cleaned and tidy and dinner ready to go onto the table whenever he wants it. Its so funny when all he wants to do is come home and chill, and I need a bit of attention!!

On a brighter note, just to let you all know, I got my iPhone for Valentine's Day/Birthday in a week and a half present and it makes me feel so much better. I have international texts on it as well, so that's great and its like i can just chat on text with my mates like I used to...

Ahhhh, my boy done good!!

;D

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MandiF said:
Oh yes, I am becoming the perfect housewife, everything cleaned and tidy and dinner ready to go onto the table whenever he wants it.
So am I, but I do that for my wife,... after doing reno' work all day :)

shorttalk

Star Member
Dec 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2010
AOR Received.
9th dec 2010
File Transfer...
30-11-2010
good hubby! We are scared of doing anything like getting a phone plan just in case anything goes wrong.....im having such a bad day today....its so cruel this process.....difference is i dont have wine to hand, no car to go get it and too cold to walk that far :-(
the worst thing is that i feel that i cant do this wait anymore but the alternative is just too rubbish being away from him.....i feel so lost :(

MandiF

Sep 7, 2010
Alberta Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2010
File Transfer...
19-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-09-2010
Passport Req..
05-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2011
LANDED..........
25-02-2011
Baloo said:
So am I, but I do that for my wife,... after doing reno' work all day :)
I spent the last 3 months in UK not working and doing decorating and reno work on the house so we could rent out the UK house easily, for enough money to cover the mortgage. At least that kept me busy during the day while I was missing him!!

Now that I'm here in Canada, my big plans for tomorrow include mopping the floors, changing the bedding and clearing the sidewalk from the big snowstorm we had today!! YIPPEE!!

But all in all, I'd rather be with him than so many miles away.

MandiF

Sep 7, 2010
Alberta Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2010
File Transfer...
19-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-09-2010
Passport Req..
05-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2011
LANDED..........
25-02-2011
shorttalk said:
good hubby! We are scared of doing anything like getting a phone plan just in case anything goes wrong.....im having such a bad day today....its so cruel this process.....difference is i dont have wine to hand, no car to go get it and too cold to walk that far :-(
the worst thing is that i feel that i cant do this wait anymore but the alternative is just too rubbish being away from him.....i feel so lost :(
I know what you mean really. He was going to wait until we had passport back with visa, but I think he realised I was so unhappy being cut off from all my mates, that he did it to make me happy... Ahhh bless...

I know exactly what bad days are like, I started this thread on one - and yeah, as much as you know it and everyone says it, it will be worth it in the end, but it will. To be able to get out there and work and make a difference and to live your life with the one you love - I just can't wait!!!

Will be a huge shock to him though when he realises that when I start working again, he'll be doing half the housework and cooking again!!

hehehehehe... think I'll keep that one a secret for now!

::)

patiently_waiting

Nov 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 22, 2010
AOR Received.
November 26, 2010
File Transfer...
November 1, 2010
Med's Done....
July 13, 2010
Passport Req..
February 14, 2011
shorttalk said:
Chin up, London is starting to move a lot quicker now and you went in progress not long after me (a week after I think) - it won't be long now and it is worth it in the end!! (my b/f got his passport request today so yours is sure to come soon :D)

shorttalk

Star Member
Dec 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2010
AOR Received.
9th dec 2010
File Transfer...
30-11-2010
oh i hope so...its such a rollercoaster, some days i just get on with it and find things to do and others i just cant get over how hard it can be!

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
shorttalk said:
Haha completely. This is me everyday he works and he works overnights from 11pm to 7am so it makes it worse. I have a horrible sleeping pattern now. And I constantly call and text him while he is at work. And most nights I go down to his work too and stay all night with him. I just bring my computer and phone along with me. I get free food while there so it is all good. I can't help it though, I want to be with him ALL the time. I am constantly told that when we get older this will change but I just don't see that happening and don't want it to. Now starting next week my hubby is going to only work part-time, three nights a week for the next couple of months. And even though it will be hard on the finances it will be nice to have this time (4 days a week) together before life gets too busy. He is going on break for his health and to focus on our relationship and enjoying it more. Aww he is a sweetheart. And my birthday is in two weeks and we will be spending two nights in a hotel. It will be nice to have time alone again. :)

P.S. On a side note I am missing him really bad right now and wishing I was at work with him. But at least he has Wednesday-Friday off. Last night to wait for him.