+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OSAP Residence Eligibility

Has_san

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
Toronto
HI Guys!

Can anyone guide me with OSAP residency eligibility. I will be landing in Canada in Mar 2018 and I am planning to do a Master's degree from UoT.

Will I be eligible for OSAP? Or do I need to be a resident in Ontario for 12 months and then I can apply. Kindly clarify.

Thanks

Oct 1, 2017
HI Guys!

Can anyone guide me with OSAP residency eligibility. I will be landing in Canada in Mar 2018 and I am planning to do a Master's degree from UoT.

Will I be eligible for OSAP? Or do I need to be a resident in Ontario for 12 months and then I can apply. Kindly clarify.

Thanks
Also eager to know about this! Canadian citizen here who's lived his whole life in Europe.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
There is nothing specific about 12 months residence however my understanding is that if you do not have 12 months residence in Ontario then any application might not be rejected outright but subject to extra scrutiny whether an applicant can be considered or not based on a individuals circumstances. Basically nobody with less than 12 months should bank on qualifying but odds possibly better with greater than 12 months

If you Google this most Unis list 12 months as a prerequisite for OSAP but they do not have the final say anyway.

Last edited:

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
There is nothing specific about 12 months residence however my understanding is that if you do not have 12 months residence in Ontario then any application might not be rejected outright but subject to extra scrutiny whether an applicant can be considered or not based on a individuals circumstances. Basically nobody with less than 12 months should bank on qualifying but odds possibly better with greater than 12 months

If you Google this most Unis list 12 months as a prerequisite for OSAP but they do not have the final say anyway.
Osap is not the same as bank educational loans right