Med's Done....
17-11-2011
Interview........
02-11-2011
Passport Req..
15-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-2011, pick up friday !
For all the supporting documents, is sending photocopies ok ? I am thinking bills, cards we sent one an other or received a the wedding, tickets and so on.

Your input would be appreciated.

ash2009

Aug 23, 2009
i'd also be interested in hearing people's feedback on this.

My boyf rang the cic to ask them this question, and the lady who answered said it should be originals and they wont be returned.
But on the Appendix A checklist, it says "Send originals of the immigration forms and police certificates. Send photocopies of all other documents, unless instructed otherwise"

Id much rather send photocopies if it was allowed.

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
I sent photocopies of all supporting stuff, it was fine.
For cards I also included a photo of the card, because the photocopies turned out pretty bad and I wanted it to be clear that they were actually cards. We also sent original boarding passes, again because of crappy photocopies.

Keep in mind that you don't know if you'll be getting anything back. They usually return photos and cards and such (we also got the boarding passes back), but there's no guarantee it will return to you, so don't send anything that you can't spare. If cards have sentimental value and you want to keep them, send photocopies. It's also a good idea to send photocopies or at least make a copy of everything you sent, in case you might need it later - nobody plans for it, but if there's a refusal, you might need this stuff.

shamrock

Star Member
Feb 13, 2009
I sent all photocopies of stuff except where they specified the original was necessary. For pictures I color photocopied them 4 to a page leaving room to write the date, identify the place, event and people.

Even for the forms a lot of mine were photocopied and it wasn't a problem. They even tell you to photocopy extras if you need them in the instructions, like for the background declaration where it told you to fill out three of them.

Sep 22, 2009
I sent wedding photographs on photo paper and copied everything else (letters, travel photos, joint rental contract, joint bank account statement, etc.). It didn't look to me like originals are required for the proof of relationship items. Like shamrock, I also labeled everything carefully. Hope it works out OK!