+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Original t4 lost

Edric13

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019
I am trying to attach t4 to my application but when I went on CRA website it only has the province of employment and other numbers (looks fine).
It doesn't resemble the typical T4 I would get (lost them).
Can I attach this to the application or I should contact my former employers???

thank you!

Last edited:

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
I am trying to attach t4 to my application but when I went on CRA website it only has the province of employment and other numbers (looks fine).

thank you!
You are incorrect, the original form of the T4 is on your CRA account. When you sign in go to T4 slips, select the year that you want, then select the specific T4. The view screen will come up showing everything as a list, at the bottom of that screen you will see some arrows left and right. Click the right arrow to go to the next page, do this until you are at the end page. On the end page you will see the option to print/download the T4. That option will give you the T4 in the original form you typically get in the mail. Hope this helps.

frostpunk2023

Star Member
Jan 15, 2023

thank you!
Yes you can download your previous T4s from your CRA account. Nevertheless, you can try to reach out to your (former) employer and ask them to provide you with it.

Reactions: cz999

Edric13

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019
You are incorrect, the original form of the T4 is on your CRA account. When you sign in go to T4 slips, select the year that you want, then select the specific T4. The view screen will come up showing everything as a list, at the bottom of that screen you will see some arrows left and right. Click the right arrow to go to the next page, do this until you are at the end page. On the end page you will see the option to print/download the T4. That option will give you the T4 in the original form you typically get in the mail. Hope this helps.
unfortunately I cannot still have a printable version with my name on it...

cz999

Feb 1, 2020
NOC Code......
I don't understand what you mean. The versionn you can download from CRA should have your name, the employer's name and your earnings inn 2022 on it. That's good enough for IRCC.

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
Bro, just say you need help finding it. If you do then call CRA and they will walk you through the steps to print it. The instructions above is based on you having a verified CRA online account with all the features and access. If you do not have a full access account then call CRA and they will tell you how to get it. No one here can help you otherwise, the instructions are clear.

Edric13

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019
Bro, just say you need help finding it. If you do then call CRA and they will walk you through the steps to print it. The instructions above is based on you having a verified CRA online account with all the features and access. If you do not have a full access account then call CRA and they will tell you how to get it. No one here can help you otherwise, the instructions are clear.
I think there is a miscommunication.
This is what I am able to get from CRA following instructions.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19NwBbd5y39U_pXsjv0s3JvOfVtj7u9tL/view?usp=sharing

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
I think there is a miscommunication.
This is what I am able to get from CRA following instructions.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19NwBbd5y39U_pXsjv0s3JvOfVtj7u9tL/view?usp=sharing
No sir, you are not following the instructions.

".....The view screen will come up showing everything as a list, at the bottom of that screen you will see some arrows left and right. Click the right arrow to go to the next page, do this until you are at the end page. On the end page you will see the option to print/download the T4....."

cz999

Feb 1, 2020
NOC Code......