+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ORIGINAL police clearance certificate from FBI - doesnt make sense

Jan 21, 2010
CIC asked me provide original police clearance certificate from FBI and mail it within 30 days . Dont they(CIC) know that this process takes 16 to 18 weeks. I can request for more time fromCIC but thats alot more time to request for .
How long it usually takes now to receive FBI clearance ? i did get it when i first filed inland sponsorship case 3 yrs ago . Now CIC needs it again eventhough i cant/didnt travel to USA cus i dont have any documents to do so. So cic thinks that i might have travelled illegaly or something to US within the last 3 after CIC received my first FBI clearance at the time of filing the case?? or it just expires no matter what ..nice way for FBI to make money

Anyway "police clearance from FBI" is just going through FBI or the particular state police of the USA as well, where i have lived?

FBI website stated that i can place the Reason/date that requires expeditious handling on outside of the mailing envelop , i hope this will speed up the process on their side . the earlier i get clearance from FBI the earlier i can send it to CIC here

3years mannnn...soo frustrating

MrsMiller

Aug 24, 2009
Mine went pretty fast and if you can do it electronically then it is even faster. For sure put on there the reason you need it faster. I was told you don't need a police clearance from the state you are from, or lived in or whatever because the FBI covers all of it. Hope this helps, it only took me 2 weeks to get my clearance back, I had a harder time with the RCMP.