+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Original CSQ Appears to be misplaced. How important is the original?

eacsmk

May 15, 2009
My partner got the notice that his visa appears to be ready to issue in Accra, Ghana this week. We originally made our application for PR to London in September 2007 and received our CSQ 2 months later, in November 2007. In Febuary 2008 we were given notice that our case needed to be processed in Accra instead, so after losing 6 months - at the fault of our solicitor, our case began processing in April 2008.

Now that things are finally moving along, I am trying to find the CSQ that we were given (I thought I put it in the safety deposit box, but I didn't) almost 2 years ago, without much luck. I would have him wait for me to find it before he makes his way over to Montreal, but our 3 year old son needs his Daddy ASAP.

Seeing that we have an electronic copy of the CSQ, my question is how vital is it to have with us the original? Are we expected to submit it upon entering Quebec? Would entering through Ottawa or Toronto be any better? And seeing that there will be a small interview once he arrives at passport control, what should he expect?

Gotchaa

Star Member
Aug 9, 2007
You will need the original CSQ for formalities like medical, Social Insurance Number etc. I advise you to write to MICC to issue you a certificate that you have been issued a CSQ earlier. They will send you a certificate saying that you have been issued a CSQ in original and that certificate will serve to validate your electronic copy of your CSQ. I had sent my CSQ in original to Canadian Embassy in Pakistan during my process of immigration and didn't get it back. So I wrote to MICC that I need another copy of CSQ. In return they sent me a certificate which served as good as an original CSQ.

eacsmk

May 15, 2009
Oh, thanks! That's great. How long did it take to get the certificate? Did you need it upon entering Canada at passport control, or just when you are applying for a Medicare card?

Gotchaa

Star Member
Aug 9, 2007
The officer at the montreal airport will ask for CSQ but a copy of it will do fine. However, for medical, you need original CSQ or a copy of CSQ along with original letter of confirmation that CSQ had been issued to you in the past.

zamani.yass

Sep 5, 2018
You will need the original CSQ for formalities like medical, Social Insurance Number etc. I advise you to write to MICC to issue you a certificate that you have been issued a CSQ earlier. They will send you a certificate saying that you have been issued a CSQ in original and that certificate will serve to validate your electronic copy of your CSQ. I had sent my CSQ in original to Canadian Embassy in Pakistan during my process of immigration and didn't get it back. So I wrote to MICC that I need another copy of CSQ. In return they sent me a certificate which served as good as an original CSQ.
Hi there, I'm having the same problem...did you email MICC or mailed them a request letter?