+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Original Birth certificate for dependent children needed?

selpri12

Sep 28, 2014
I am in the process of applying PR sponsorship for my wife and 16 months old kid who are in India.While going through the checklist (India Guide 3904E) it mentioned to submit the following documents for Children

Provide the following documents:
•Provide the following documents:Original birth certificate for each child (which shows the names of the parents)
•School certificate (Fifth class, Middle standard and Matriculation certificates)
•A letter from the medical practitioner or hospital if one of your children has a physical or mental disability

Do we need to submit the original Birth Certificate of my kid?If so do they return it after verification as i have only one original copy.Please suggest friends

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
selpri12 said:
I am in the process of applying PR sponsorship for my wife and 16 months old kid who are in India.While going through the checklist (India Guide 3904E) it mentioned to submit the following documents for Children

Provide the following documents:
•Provide the following documents:Original birth certificate for each child (which shows the names of the parents)
•School certificate (Fifth class, Middle standard and Matriculation certificates)
•A letter from the medical practitioner or hospital if one of your children has a physical or mental disability

Do we need to submit the original Birth Certificate of my kid?If so do they return it after verification as i have only one original copy.Please suggest friends
From the quote you provided it states that an original must be sent. I'm not sure about India, but I know my husband's visa office returned everything to us except for the application forms and police check certificate. All other things submitted were returned to us.

selpri12

Sep 28, 2014
Thanks tink23!

As far as they will return all the original documents, i don't mind submitting the original birth certificate..

Could anyone else confirm this as well?Have you been asked for original Birth certificate and got them returned after verification?

handsup

Champion Member
Sep 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2015
selpri12 said:
Thanks tink23!

As far as they will return all the original documents, i don't mind submitting the original birth certificate..

Could anyone else confirm this as well?Have you been asked for original Birth certificate and got them returned after verification?
If it is stated in the checklist then you have to submit those docs, there is no other way.
Yes, when we sent my application we attached all the required original docs and we have got them back immediately after the stage1 approval. Later we sent the original birth certificate of our new born and that is not returned yet. May be we get it with PP.

malay14all

Star Member
Jan 31, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
15-10-2014
Med's Request
20-10-2014
Med's Done....
05-11-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-03-2015
Hello

I am also in same state not sure if I need to submit original birth certificate with the application. As with my PR they don't return anything.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
malay14all said:
I am also in same state not sure if I need to submit original birth certificate with the application. As with my PR they don't return anything.
Originals will be returned.

If the checklist requires originals and you only submit copies, your app will be considered incomplete and may be returned.