+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ordering GCMS notes triggers movement?

canuser

Dec 7, 2017
Hello :)

Does ordering GCMS notes actually force the VO officer to open up and create movement on the files? I just read a few posts that mention this - and saw a few people get their DM after ordering them (granted they were in the final stages)

Does anyone have any experience/knowledge about this?

Thanks in advance :)

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017

Does ordering GCMS notes actually force the VO officer to open up and create movement on the files? I just read a few posts that mention this - and saw a few people get their DM after ordering them (granted they were in the final stages)

TBH, no, it won't speed up or trigger anything, otherwise, nobody would have to wait 8 or 10 months long.

Reactions: canuser

canuser

Dec 7, 2017
TBH, no, it won't speed up or trigger anything, otherwise, nobody would have to wait 8 or 10 months long.
Good point - I guess I just wondered if the file is sitting idle on the VO’s desk, it might put them into action lol

Wishful thinking!

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
Good point - I guess I just wondered if the file is sitting idle on the VO’s desk, it might put them into action lol

Wishful thinking!
I understand that the waiting sucks. But I think that there is only few extreme circumstances, such as that will benefit the national interests, may speed up the process, otherwise, nothing, including the call made by your PM, can speed up the process.

canuser

Dec 7, 2017
I understand that the waiting sucks. But I think that there is only few extreme circumstances, such as that will benefit the national interests, may speed up the process, otherwise, nothing, including the call made by your PM, can speed up the process.
@Miraclejj I think when you read the forums long enough you try to dig and find something that makes sense or gives hope. Yes absolutely, the waiting is incredibly tough.

IrinaS

Star Member
May 1, 2017

I read the same thing in a few cases. Dunno if it is true on not, maybe just coincidence...
But to be honest, I ordered mine today, and I hope to get a DM before receiving them. File at the VO since Nov, with no movement...

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
I am fairly confident that anyone who experiences this, it's sheer coincidence.

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
I read the same thing in a few cases. Dunno if it is true on not, maybe just coincidence...
But to be honest, I ordered mine today, and I hope to get a DM before receiving them. File at the VO since Nov, with no movement...
Let me tell you why ordering GCMS note(s) won't speed up your case. Basically, when the reviewer is reviewing your case, he/she will log his/her comment(s) about your case into a computerized data system, yes, the data base is called GCMS (The Global Case Management System), and when an applicant orders it, some clerk (who knows from which office) will generate the data from GCMS and print it out then mail it to you. It doesn't happen like somebody will go find your case, copy it right there then mail it to you, and find like oops, we forgot this case, let's work on it NOW!!!

So, you got it why it doesn't make any difference of your case process, ordering the note(s) or not?

IrinaS

Star Member
May 1, 2017
Let me tell you why ordering GCMS note(s) won't speed up your case. Basically, when the reviewer is reviewing your case, he/she will log his/her comment(s) about your case into a computerized data system, yes, the data base is called GCMS (The Global Case Management System), and when an applicant orders it, some clerk (who knows from which office) will generate the data from GCMS and print it out then mail it to you. It doesn't happen like somebody will go find your case, copy it right there then mail it to you, and find like oops, we forgot this case, let's work on it NOW!!!

So, you got it why it doesn't make any difference of your case process, ordering the note(s) or not?
Hahaha, I know. You make perfect sense. But in the end, if I get DM in this 30 days, I will believe it had something to do with ordering the notes. What can we do? We grasp onto every bit of hope for good news! :)

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
Hahaha, I know. You make perfect sense. But in the end, if I get DM in this 30 days, I will believe it had something to do with ordering the notes. What can we do? We grasp onto every bit of hope for good news! :)
Sure, I found that in this frustrated waiting game, being a bit of optimism of the state of your mind could be really helpful. :)
And meanwhile, I believe my COPR and passport are sitting in my mail box for me to collect today.

goodboy97

Feb 12, 2017
Montreal, Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
15-08-2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Interview........
Not Required
Hello Altruists, I received my AOR on 26-August-2017 and according to my GCMS notes on April-2018, the statuses were:

Eligibility: Passed
Security: Not started
Criminality: Passed
Medical: Passed
RPRF: Paid

In the security section, the "Due date" was 15-August-2018. but till today (24-August-2018) I have not got any reply from CIC. Besides, I have received my pre-arrival email on April-2018.

Anyone can tell me, why after the due date I am not getting any reply? should I go for another GCMS Notes? Thanks in advance.

VG2014

Star Member
Jun 17, 2014
Hello Altruists, I received my AOR on 26-August-2017 and according to my GCMS notes on April-2018, the statuses were:

Eligibility: Passed
Security: Not started
Criminality: Passed
Medical: Passed
RPRF: Paid

In the security section, the "Due date" was 15-August-2018. but till today (24-August-2018) I have not got any reply from CIC. Besides, I have received my pre-arrival email on April-2018.

Anyone can tell me, why after the due date I am not getting any reply? should I go for another GCMS Notes? Thanks in advance.
Just curious, pre-arrival was sent to you in April 2018 but no PPR or DM since then? What's the VO?

goodboy97

Feb 12, 2017
Montreal, Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
15-08-2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Interview........
Not Required
Just curious, pre-arrival was sent to you in April 2018 but no PPR or DM since then? What's the VO?
inland applicant, VO: Ottawa