+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Option to bring new born child along with you in Canada

Vank1628

Jan 13, 2020
Dear All,

I am in a different kind of situation right now and expecting some guidance from here.
Me and my wife received our COPR letter with stamped passports on Dec 2021, and later on we welcomed our new born at Jan 2022.
Now we want to add our new born along with our PR application before moving into Canada. Unfortunately by looking at current scenarios along with discussion on this forum for similar situation like me, Seems it is not easy to get your baby added as your dependent in current application. We are left with 3-4 months now to expire our COPR validity.

Just want to understand what all possible ways I have, to travel to Canada before my COPR expiry and along with my new born baby.

1. Should I apply for a visitor visa for my baby while parallel application to add him into my current PR application?
2. Or should I just wait for IRCC to add my baby in my current application and once get it approved (It can take 1-2 years also as per some discussion in this forum :() and then only I should travel.
3. Any other possible way to make this happen.

Thanks in advance for all your valuable feedback and suggestions.

Reactions: Talha Zubair
Mar 2, 2020
Dear All,

I am in a different kind of situation right now and expecting some guidance from here.
Me and my wife received our COPR letter with stamped passports on Dec 2021, and later on we welcomed our new born at Jan 2022.
Now we want to add our new born along with our PR application before moving into Canada. Unfortunately by looking at current scenarios along with discussion on this forum for similar situation like me, Seems it is not easy to get your baby added as your dependent in current application. We are left with 3-4 months now to expire our COPR validity.

Just want to understand what all possible ways I have, to travel to Canada before my COPR expiry and along with my new born baby.

1. Should I apply for a visitor visa for my baby while parallel application to add him into my current PR application?
2. Or should I just wait for IRCC to add my baby in my current application and once get it approved (It can take 1-2 years also as per some discussion in this forum :() and then only I should travel.
3. Any other possible way to make this happen.

Thanks in advance for all your valuable feedback and suggestions.
Hi!
How did you go with this situation? We are in the exact same situation.

Chihaz

Star Member
Sep 11, 2019
Hi!
How did you go with this situation? We are in the exact same situation.
If you haven't landed, you have no choice but to notify IRCC immediately to have the baby added. They will reopen your case and ask for documents. I hope you have already applied for the baby's passport.

Mar 2, 2020
Baby is not
If you haven't landed, you have no choice but to notify IRCC immediately to have the baby added. They will reopen your case and ask for documents. I hope you have already applied for the baby's passport.
Baby is not born yet. Due date is june 21st and we have just got our COPR. As soon as baby is born, we will apply for her passport. Fortunately, in Brazil, it wont take more than a week to get it.

Reactions: Chihaz

Ginasadig

Oct 21, 2021
I would reach IMM and ask them to consder that you will have otentially a kid and advice or give longer validity date for CORP. when child will be born and you will have your visas apply for visitor visa for a kid based on your CORP including explanation letter.

Jun 20, 2022
I am in similar situation, received CoPR however new born child is not added. Have submitted all documents and fees for adding dependent months back thrt webform however no response till recent and now I received a response saying child cannot be added as a decision was made. What to do? I can't travel without the kid. Someone plz help