+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Opinion Requested: Rejection for Open Work Permit

hydstudent

Jul 24, 2012
Hello There,

This is an international student from Hyderabad, India pursuing his graduate studies in BC. I recently got married in April 2012 and my wife lives in Hyderabad. After the wedding, She initially applied for Visitor visa in April, which was rejected. The officer said he wasn't convinced she will return, citing these reasons
• You have not satisfied that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident
• Your Travel History
• Your Family ties in Canada and in your country of residence
• Length of proposed stay in Canada
• Your personal status and financial status.
• I am not satisfied that you have sufficient including your income and assets to carry out your stated purpose going to Canada and to effect your departure.

So we reached out to Y-Axis (consultancy) in Hyderabad and they suggested we apply for Open Work Permit which they say we have higher chances of getting it. We addressed every concern raised in the previous application and applied again. Very unfortunately, this time also the application was rejected and the officer said he wasn't convinced she will return, citing these two reasons
• Your current employment situation
• Your personal status and financial status.

She is not employed currently (is that what the visa officer is referring to??)... she finished her Masters in Pharmacy in Dec 2011, got married soon after that and waiting to join me in canada, which is why she never worked or tried to get a job either.

We showed a cash balance of over CAD 20,000 in her savings account (applicant) and CAD 18,000 in my account, in addition to two affidavits of support worth approx. CAD 95,000 (properties from family members). All these in addition to my scholarship of over CAD 20,000. Is that not sufficient ?? Is the officer concerned that she doesn't have an immovable asset or an investment in her name ??

I am totally frustrated and quite blank on ideas.. Your comments and expert opinions are quite appreciated...

Thanks a lot...

hydstudent

Jul 24, 2012
Thanks.. But, that requires an offer of admission, which we sadly don't have or will be difficult to obtain ...

Anyone else?

OCEANDRIVE

Star Member
May 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-07-2012
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
23-06-2012
Interview........
Never Called
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2012
LANDED..........
Soon
Hi,

You can ask your wife to take up a job (not any kinda job...a managerial level position may be taken) or get her enrolled into further studies in India and after a few months she can apply again and provide proof that she will return back to resume her (high profile) job/ studies here in India. Y-Axis and other consultants are only after your money.

I know it's hard to stay away but you have to sacrifice and do not apply immediately for the 3rd time in the mean time get her finances and bank accounts right no suspicious movement of funds should be shown.

Give it some time do not rush into things do your research, this forum can give you a lot of insight on visa processing trends.

all the best

danishali

Star Member
Oct 22, 2010
Take oceandrive's advice.. dont rush it!! In my personal opinion money was not the concern both the times your wife applied for visa..It was just her ties are now strong to Canada because of you. you guys would have been better off had you stuck to the visitor visa rather than taking the advice of the consultant.. and now if u apply as a student they will probably reject it again.. try the visit visa...thats ur best bet..

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
1. Your case is strong financially all you have to do is to show hers and yours ties to home country and make convince VO why you want her to join you in Canada and why will you both return to home country.
2. She should get herself involve in some sort of job.

Also apply to caips notes, it will give you further details of her refusal.