+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Opening a corporation and working for it

Milly888

Feb 9, 2013
We're a couple of business owners back home and would like to open (together with a Canadian citizen) a Corporation and work for that Corporation.

One of us is here on a working holiday visa and has a work permit and the other one is in the country as a visitor.

We know we can legally open a Corporation, it's pretty straight-forward, but how can we work for it? Does the work permit, acquired through Working holiday visa enable working for your own Corporation? Would the Corporation need to give "the employee" a job offer? Does anyone have any experience or knowledge about this?

How would the Corporation employ the other person (visitor)? Would it need to get an LMIA first and then write a job offer?

Our field if personal training/health coaching, which falls under NOC 5254, if that's even important.

Please, help. We'd really appreciate some help as we feel lost. We called CIC several times, but they just didn't know how to answer our questions :(

Haiderzaidi

Sep 12, 2014
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am coming on PR somewhere about in May & Keen to open up a business. If thats the case then we might catch up once I am in Toronto... Whats in your mind though ?

martina_p

Star Member
May 15, 2010
croatia
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2014
Nomination.....
PER DEC 05
IELTS Request
sent with app.
Med's Request
18-02-2015
Med's Done....
26-02... add doc sent 03.03
Passport Req..
...RPPR... req. April 08
VISA ISSUED...
22-05-2015
Milly888 said:
We're a couple of business owners back home and would like to open (together with a Canadian citizen) a Corporation and work for that Corporation.

One of us is here on a working holiday visa and has a work permit and the other one is in the country as a visitor.

We know we can legally open a Corporation, it's pretty straight-forward, but how can we work for it? Does the work permit, acquired through Working holiday visa enable working for your own Corporation? Would the Corporation need to give "the employee" a job offer? Does anyone have any experience or knowledge about this?

How would the Corporation employ the other person (visitor)? Would it need to get an LMIA first and then write a job offer?

Our field if personal training/health coaching, which falls under NOC 5254, if that's even important.

Please, help. We'd really appreciate some help as we feel lost. We called CIC several times, but they just didn't know how to answer our questions :(
Hi there
me and my husband were at the WH visa like you ..and during that time we open a small business for 60 $...and opening a corporation is about 500 $ ....i dont understand how you gonna give LMIA for visitor if you WH expire in couple of months??
You nedd to find a bookkeeper so you that you can hire someone!

check this page : https://www.ontario.ca/business-and-economy/small-business-advice-support-services-regulations