17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
Hi guys,

I am in conversation with a Banking Advisor at RBC for opening a bank account online prior to landing there. Is there any one out here who has done this? Can you share your experience?

Thanks.

garyastudent

Sep 3, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do not share your details with anyone just like that, As far as I know RBC and TD has a special plan for Newcomes to Canada wherein you do not have to pay the Account fee for a year and there are few other benefits as well, Also, you need the SIN # in order to open an account as a New Comer, and they issue you a Credit Card as well with no Credit History,

Do not just share the information without verifying the information or do not transfer the money just like that as this could be a scam...

Still I would advise you to take extra precautions, and wait for others to comment.

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)

garyastudent

Sep 3, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://www.rbc.com/newcomers/moving-to-canada-resident.html

This is the scheme of RBC and I got the link to register for this from the live chat option on this website. They in turn got back to me on email.

Just looking for someone who would have also gone through this same process.
Seems like someone who works with RBC (Sales Department) has shared the link, and It may or may not be legit. Because even if you walk in to any of the RBC Branch they will still have the same offer for you and you will have other option from TD, CIBC and other banks as well,

If you open the account after you land then you will have more options to explore before you get into a deal with any of the banks as the banks accounts are not free, they charge a monthly accounts fee and they all have different charges, also they have a different plan basis the number of transactions you do, I ended up paying 55 CAD last month for the Debit card transactions (they will be reversing it though :) ) as it was their error of not putting me on the plan wherein despite of the number of transaction the maximum fee will 14.95 CAD...