+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

open work permit

maksipesfik

Nov 3, 2007
Hi, my spouse is coming to Canada from EU and will apply for an open work permit (I'm a full time int student here). How long can she stay in Canada if she gets it? After what time can she start working and how many hours per day? What is the difference between open study permit and status of being a spouse? Thank you!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

maksipesfik said:
Hi, my spouse is coming to Canada from EU and will apply for an open work permit (I'm a full time int student here). How long can she stay in Canada if she gets it? After what time can she start working and how many hours per day? What is the difference between open study permit and status of being a spouse? Thank you!
1. Her OWP will be valid to the date of your study permit.
2. She can start working once she receives the work permit (she will need a SIN as well) and she can work 24 hours a day if she wishes.
3. Unless she has had an Immigration medical, she will not be able to in health services or with children.
4. Have no idea what you last question is.

PMM

chianebeng

Nov 29, 2007
tIS cHIAEBENG. chianebeng@yahoo.com i want scholarship. i am an ophan. any body can bhelp

maksipesfik said:
1. Her OWP will be valid to the date of your study permit.
2. She can start working once she receives the work permit (she will need a SIN as well) and she can work 24 hours a day if she wishes.
3. Unless she has had an Immigration medical, she will not be able to in health services or with children.
4. Have no idea what you last question is.

PMM
[/quote]

chsirisha

Dec 11, 2012
CAQ for my daughters study permit.

I have applied work permit at Canadian Consulate ,NY , along with my application I have send open study permit application for my 8 year old daughter. I have received email from consulate saying they need CAQ for my daughter. But when I google, for CAQ one of the documents required are my Work permit. Please help.

Sirisha

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Re: CAQ for my daughters study permit.

Hi

chsirisha said:
I have applied work permit at Canadian Consulate ,NY , along with my application I have send open study permit application for my 8 year old daughter. I have received email from consulate saying they need CAQ for my daughter. But when I google, for CAQ one of the documents required are my Work permit. Please help.

Sirisha
Your daughter requires a CAQ to study in Quebec. From the Instructions

Do you intend to study in Quebec?

"In order to study in Quebec, students must obtain a Certificat d’acceptation du Québec (CAQ) issued by the Ministère de l’immigration et des communautés culturelles (MICC).

The educational institution should provide the student with all the details related to applying for Quebec. For residents of countries such as France, Austria, Mexico or the Hong Kong Administrative Region, where there is a Quebec Immigration Service (SIQ), they can apply there directly for a CAQ.

Students do not have to wait for the actual CAQ before applying for their study permit. As proof of their acceptance, they can simply submit MICC’s letter of approval.

Consult the MICC website for appropriate contact information and for the latest updates on the process and documents required for Quebec.

Website: Ministère de l’immigration et des communautés culturelles"

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
uslumus said:
Hi everyone

As for OPW, how long can i qualify for it at least?
Cheers !
duration of ur spouses study permit

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
uslumus said:
What if i am single and apply for it on my own?
please give ur complete details....ru a student? if ur a student u can apply for OCWP with is open work permit but with restrictions and can be applied after 6 months as a student....

uslumus

Jul 16, 2013
I currently live outside Canada, and am willing to apply for OWP. I already work as a civil engineer (no longer student). My first option would be to go for OWP if eligible. In this condition, is it possible? if so, how long would it be?
Thanks for your help

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
uslumus said:
I currently live outside Canada, and am willing to apply for OWP. I already work as a civil engineer (no longer student). My first option would be to go for OWP if eligible. In this condition, is it possible? if so, how long would it be?
Thanks for your help
u cannot apply for OWP from outside canada u need a sponsor company to process LMO for u/ur job category....