+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

open work permit

manogna

Jul 10, 2014
Hi,
Can anyone please help me out of my quieres. I am an international full time student at Concordia university....i am from India..it has been just 3 months i came to Canada......i also got my SIN number and i am elligible to work off campus. i was recently married and my husband applied for dependent open work permit visa on june 25 2014 with proper documentation... how long will it take to process the file? Is there any chance of refusal.... the cic website states that it takes 20 business days to process the file but it has already been 25 days... i was very tensed...can any one tell how long does it take?

momars09

May 20, 2014
App. Filed.......
23-07-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
UPFRONT 08-07-2014
Passport Req..
submitted with application
VISA ISSUED...
06/08/2014
LANDED..........
1-09-2014
manogna said:
Hi,
Can anyone please help me out of my quieres. I am an international full time student at Concordia university....i am from India..it has been just 3 months i came to Canada......i also got my SIN number and i am elligible to work off campus. i was recently married and my husband applied for dependent open work permit visa on june 25 2014 with proper documentation... how long will it take to process the file? Is there any chance of refusal.... the cic website states that it takes 20 business days to process the file but it has already been 25 days... i was very tensed...can any one tell how long does it take?
can you specify what all documents you guys submitted for his open work permit and from which place you applied, if you can shell out more details it would be helpful to others and even we can guide you more...
open work permit usually takes upto a month and a half..
if you share your husbands profile in details as in what all documents he have applied with and what all documents you have send him it will be really helpful, becoz even i have to apply for my husbands open work permit..

manogna

Jul 10, 2014
he is presently working in india, he applied visa from new delhi visa office.

the documents we attached are

1. my invitation letter
2. my sin number
3. study permit
4. income tax papers
5. salary certificates
6. valuation report, land documents
7. my bank balance statement in canada
8. my husbands bank balance statement in india
9. my student id
10. hike letter
11. my caq
12. concordia admission letter
13. ielts score card
14. passport xerox
15. pay slips
16. certificates
17. hr letter
18. marriage certificate
19. appreciation letters from work place

these are some of the documents we included

thanks in advance..... if any one can tell me is there any chance of refusal?

momars09

May 20, 2014
App. Filed.......
23-07-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
UPFRONT 08-07-2014
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
06/08/2014
LANDED..........
1-09-2014
manogna said:
he is presently working in india, he applied visa from new delhi visa office.

the documents we attached are

1. my invitation letter
2. my sin number
3. study permit
4. income tax papers
5. salary certificates
6. valuation report, land documents
7. my bank balance statement in canada
8. my husbands bank balance statement in india
9. my student id
10. hike letter
11. my caq
12. concordia admission letter
13. ielts score card
14. passport xerox
15. pay slips
16. certificates
17. hr letter
18. marriage certificate
19. appreciation letters from work place

these are some of the documents we included

thanks in advance..... if any one can tell me is there any chance of refusal?

i think this is pretty much sufficient..just relax he will get a positive response soon..
do let us know here if his visa is accepted..
btw did he apply for open work permit or spouse open work permit?

manogna

Jul 10, 2014
thanku........yep sure i ll notify here immediately after visa approval :) but whats the difference between open work permit and spouse open work permit... i think he applied it as my dependent

kaulvirus

Star Member
Nov 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I applied for an open work permit along with my wife's student visa in march and ours got approved just yesterday but our case was pretty complicated anyway. I think you've submitted sufficient documents, all the best for that.

momars09

May 20, 2014
App. Filed.......
23-07-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
UPFRONT 08-07-2014
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
06/08/2014
LANDED..........
1-09-2014
manogna said:
thanku........yep sure i ll notify here immediately after visa approval :) but whats the difference between open work permit and spouse open work permit... i think he applied it as my dependent
ummm actually there is no such thing as spouse/dependent ope work permit, you just have open work permit and i guess that's what your husband must have applied for..can you ask him to make sure as even i want to confirm before applying for my husband..
and from which place did he apply?

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

manogna said:

1. Open WP: You are not bound to work for one employer & you do not need a job offer or positive LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment).
2. Spouse Open WP: Other than 1, its bounded with your SP, valid as long as your SP is valid.
3. There is nothing called a 'dependent visa'. Your spouse has applied for a 'TRV'.

jbrown

Star Member
May 29, 2014
hello manogna,

...just curious, you've been in Canada for 3 months, did you begin your studies already?

manogna

Jul 10, 2014
he applied for spouse open work permit and as you told its valid as long as my SP is valid.

yes i already started my studies and also completed one subject.....

jbrown

Star Member
May 29, 2014
hello again,

well, it seems you've submitted appropriate documents, good luck!

I was only asking because I've seen in other posts that new students to Canada have applied for spousal open work permits for their partners but the student has not even begun their studies. Many of these OWP have been rejected but that is not your case.

momars09

May 20, 2014
App. Filed.......
23-07-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
UPFRONT 08-07-2014
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
06/08/2014
LANDED..........
1-09-2014
manogna said:
he applied for spouse open work permit and as you told its valid as long as my SP is valid.

yes i already started my studies and also completed one subject.....
oh okay i never knew there exist a spouse open work permit.. so for this you dont need to apply for a TRV?

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

momars09 said:
oh okay i never knew there exist a spouse open work permit.. so for this you dont need to apply for a TRV?

You have two options:

1. Apply for only TRV.
2. Or, apply for SOWP, in this case TRV is a part of the application, you don't have to fill up a separate form.

momars09

May 20, 2014
App. Filed.......
23-07-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
UPFRONT 08-07-2014
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
06/08/2014
LANDED..........
1-09-2014
J5M said:
Hi,

You have two options:

1. Apply for only TRV.
2. Or, apply for SOWP, in this case TRV is a part of the application, you don't have to fill up a separate form.
thanks a lot this was really informative :)

omokay

Aug 3, 2014
In a similar situation to this candidate,My wife is a full time nursing student in manitoba, we got married 2years into her course, i applied to visit her 4months ago but was rejected! I want to know if i can apply for the open work permit without necessarily getting to canada first. Your response and suggestions is highly needed. Thanks