+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open work permit status

DeepakRG

Aug 30, 2010
Hi all,

I have applied for Open work permit for about three weeks ago thru online application in MYCIC. I just have a reference number with me and a receipt number of payment made with a letter starting with R.
I tried to check my status thru the CIC website, but they are asking for reference number, receipt number and other details which doesn't match with the details as i have, as the format differs.

1) Can some one please suggest me how to check my application status and also what is the next phase in the application process.
2) What is the time taken for the Open work permit application ( submitted online ) processing time. I heard that online application and normal application has some difference in the time.

Thanks in advance.

Deepak.

pingmingtkiks

Nov 26, 2010
Hello,

I submitted mine on Jan., 2010 and they started processing it on March, so, should be 3 months after they received it and you can track, unfortunately processing now takes forever, :(, i didn't have my Open permit till now.

lloydnina

May 6, 2010
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2010
AOR Received.
sept 2010
IELTS Request
done
File Transfer...
may 2010
Med's Request
Jan 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 22,2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 12, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2012
LANDED..........
January 2013
hi there,

just wana ask...what are the requirements for the open work permit...thanks

pingmingtkiks

Nov 26, 2010
Hello,

I ordered from CIC the package forms for you to fill up, as far as I know that's the way to apply because that's how my sister does and all of us here.I paid the fee at the bank and have the receipt.And I guess it started the letter R. You can check or track your application using your Client ID#, found in your Working Visa, check it there.

pingmingtkiks

Nov 26, 2010
About the receipt that I used to pay at bank, I ordered it also.Just keep your receipt.Try to check it using your Client ID#.

R@jbir kaur

Sep 1, 2019
How can I check my open work permit application status .I applied as paper work my consultant didn't give me any application number and reference number .normal time has been passed . Now the 7th month start but there is reply from immigration . Anyone tell me about this thing .