+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open Work Permit - Quality

Dejase

Mar 16, 2017
Hello,
There are many good and bad reviews about living/working in Canada hence not sure if it is true.
I have an open WP and intention of uprooting my family to BC later this year.
I have 20yrs of working experience in Quality mgmt. and I know I have to restart all over again if I am to move there.

I have a few questions and would be grateful if someone has the answers -
1- Does employer REJECTs people with open WP .. i understand preference is Canadian or PR people.
2- How difficult is it for people like me, to find a job in Canada (Myself targeting BC)?
3- Anyone here applied full time/ permanent job or started with temporary before moving forward?

I am very concerned of job prospect esp for my working experience especially draining my backup resources while looking for job

Thanks

lady0421

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
NOC Code......
Dejase said:
Hello,
There are many good and bad reviews about living/working in Canada hence not sure if it is true.
I have an open WP and intention of uprooting my family to BC later this year.
I have 20yrs of working experience in Quality mgmt. and I know I have to restart all over again if I am to move there.

I have a few questions and would be grateful if someone has the answers -
1- Does employer REJECTs people with open WP .. i understand preference is Canadian or PR people.
I hold a post-graduate work permit (functions the same as an open work permit, except I got it through graduating from a Canadian University) and was able to secure a full-time job.
2- How difficult is it for people like me, to find a job in Canada (Myself targeting BC)?
We're not in the same field, so I cannot comment much on this. Generally speaking, it depends on your network connection, personal quality, and your luck.
3- Anyone here applied full time/ permanent job or started with temporary before moving forward?
I applied only to full-time/permanent job postings.

I am very concerned of job prospect esp for my working experience especially draining my backup resources while looking for job
Coming from Australia, my career was set back at least 5 years due to relocation. However, I believe as long as we work hard, this is a small price to pay for chasing our goal/dreams.

Thanks

Dejase

Mar 16, 2017
Thanks for your reply, Lady0421 -
I hold a post-graduate work permit (functions the same as an open work permit, except I got it through graduating from a Canadian University) and was able to secure a full-time job.
Yours would be different scenario since you graduated from C-U while myself is UK-U, which is my main concern.

We're not in the same field, so I cannot comment much on this. Generally speaking, it depends on your network connection, personal quality, and your luck.
Thank you. May I know where are you are based now and how long was it before you got the offer after graduating?

I applied only to full-time/permanent job postings.
Do you know any good sites for job applications as some claimed Indeed.com and others, are virtually useless.

Coming from Australia, my career was set back at least 5 years due to relocation. However, I believe as long as we work hard, this is a small price to pay for chasing our goal/dreams.
Yes. No pain, no gain and I am sacrificing my good salary back home for the my daughter's future, which indeed is priceless if successful.