+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open Work Permit/PR - Question

next_Step

Mar 3, 2009
MY wife is waiting for her PR papers. Her File is at the Local Office.
In the Meantime her Open Work Permit Arrived.

She has a visitors visa to canada for 3 years(her 6 month period expired during application)

We have been waiting to take our honeymoon since we applied, and I have to do it soon to fit it into my work schedule, if we leave on holidays and come back would her PR application be compromised?
OR does the open wokr permit together with her 3 year visa allow her to exit and enter Canada without worrying of screwing up the PR application.

I know the PR landing interview should come soon (the next 2 to 3 months) but I am afraid that if I don´t take holidays now I won´t be able to due to work.

Could someone give advice?

sanpen

Jun 5, 2008
hey the extended visa that she got for 3 years, is it single entry or multiple entry....i have posted something similar to ur query but havnt found a satisfactory reply.
But if its a multiple entry visa then obviously one can re enter canada.
i got my extension visa too but it clearly states does not permit re-entry.
What does yours Say?

AMB

Star Member
Nov 19, 2008
If the visa expired (multiple entry, single entry, whatever), then of course, it's no good.

As you see on the work permit she received, it says on the bottom, "THIS DOES NOT AUTHORIZE RE-ENTRY". The work permit is what gives her legal status INSIDE Canada; it can't be used as a travel document.

The application won't be compromised, unless she is refused entry when you come back to Canada, or if the local office tries to contact you or sets an appointment and you either don't respond or don't show up. This could result in them stopping the processing of the application.
It might be easy for her to travel in and out, but it might also be a huge hassle. It's your risk.

There are lots of nice places to honeymoon at in Canada ;)