+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

open work permit pilot program up for renewal on Nov/Dec, what does this mean if it is not extended?

Joner131

Jul 13, 2017
Hi, I'm currently living and working in Canada and about to start applying for permanent residency through common law sponsorship with my Canadian partner. I've landed myself a decent job here that pays well and would like to keep working, but my working holiday visa is due to expire on May 31st 2018, so I will need an open work permit to bridge the gap while my application is being processed.

I have been reading that the open work permit is a pilot program that has so far been extended every year around Nov/Dec since 2014. If it is not renewed this time and I get my application in before the cutoff date, will they still honor my open work permit application?

Is there anyone who I would be able to call for a definite answer? I don't want to wait four months for my open work permit only to find that it is invalid.

Thanks!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi, I'm currently living and working in Canada and about to start applying for permanent residency through common law sponsorship with my Canadian partner. I've landed myself a decent job here that pays well and would like to keep working, but my working holiday visa is due to expire on May 31st 2018, so I will need an open work permit to bridge the gap while my application is being processed.

I have been reading that the open work permit is a pilot program that has so far been extended every year around Nov/Dec since 2014. If it is not renewed this time and I get my application in before the cutoff date, will they still honor my open work permit application?

Is there anyone who I would be able to call for a definite answer? I don't want to wait four months for my open work permit only to find that it is invalid.

Thanks!
Hi

It will be extended. It has been a successful program and has significant support.

Regardless, those who apply while the program is active will be processed accordingly.

Joner131

Jul 13, 2017
Thanks, it's so hard to find definite answers on this and this puts by mind at ease, I really appreciate it