+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open work permit for the spouse of international Post graduate student

Gurpinder

Oct 23, 2009
Dear friends
pls help me out. My wife went to Nova scotia (canada) for her postgraduation (study visa) last month. her postgraduation is of 2 years. Right now i am in India, i have done MBA in finance. I want to apply for canada to accompany her. Please suggest me any better way to get appropriate visa for canada. can I apply for open work permit?
Can i get work permit easily? is there any other visa option available to me?
please help me out.

vibez_well

Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ, HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Jul 2011
you should have applied for the open work permit along with her student visa application. CIC states that it may you may not be able to join your spouse later on.

I think you can give it a shot though. arrange the required funds for the period specified, complete all the required formalities and you should be able to make it.

All the best. :)

kunjal2511

Aug 8, 2016
Hi, I want to apply open work permit for my wife. I am currently working full time and have post graduation work permit. I have field job. She got refused visitor visa twice. Will She get OWP ?

Thanks,
Kunjal

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
kunjal2511 said:
Hi, I want to apply open work permit for my wife. I am currently working full time and have post graduation work permit. I have field job. She got refused visitor visa twice. Will She get OWP ?

Thanks,
Kunjal
There is no way anyone here can say if she will get an OWP are you working in a job classified as NOC 0,A or B ? What reasons were given for the visitor visa refusals ?

vinithgandhir

Jul 6, 2016
Gurpinder said:
Dear friends
pls help me out. My wife went to Nova scotia (canada) for her postgraduation (study visa) last month. her postgraduation is of 2 years. Right now i am in India, i have done MBA in finance. I want to apply for canada to accompany her. Please suggest me any better way to get appropriate visa for canada. can I apply for open work permit?
Can i get work permit easily? is there any other visa option available to me?
please help me out.
Sure but chances are 50:50 what you guys need to do is to provide following all documents;
a) Invitation letter to you from your wife with strong SOP
b) Covering letter from you with again strong SOP
this two are the documents which will speak a lot in CIC
c) Proof for financial support as affidavit by some attorney and all claims in the affidavit should be as per CIC eligibility for financial claims
d) Work experience certificate
e) Salary certificate + pay slip for past 6 months + ITR forms for past two years
f) Wedding invitation
g) Wedding photographs and more photographs at various instances
h) Liquid cash of around 10K to 20K Canadian dollars in ur joint account
i) Education history of yours with detailed break-ups
j) Visa and passport copy of your wife and yours
k) Family information sheet - all forms as needed by CIC for OPW visa duly signed

The more the documents you submit - more the clarity over SOP - more than chances for approval.

I have planned for same for my wife once after I get my visa - waiting for visa

Thanks !

Vinith

kunjal2511

Aug 8, 2016
I got reason as follow.

1. family ties
2. purpose of visit

I have job classified in NOC category.....Please suggest me what should I do ?

Thanks,
Kunjal