Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
finalhope said:
Quote from: shadow123 on September 06, 2013, 03:06:03 pm
Do you know if my husband will get it at the port of entry too?

Yes.
-------------------------
I think that is the wrong answer. Please ask another senior member to clear this one.
If you are from a visa exempt country, in a skilled worker category and have an LMO, the primary applicant can get his work permit, spouse can get open work permit and even any other visas for children if any, CAN BE granted at the POE.

I remember having read this at cic website though i will have to search for it.

Just FYI, even if one is NOT from a visa exempt country, and apply to their local embassy, all they receive in their passport is stamped temporary resident visa (which you already don't need) and a letter of introduction. The actual work permit is still issued at the POE.

UPDATE:

For your satisfaction, here is the relevant text
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=171&t=30

johnny123

Aug 18, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2016 passed
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
shadow123 said:
Hi there,
have you received your LMO already??
Nope, and you?

johnny123

Aug 18, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2016 passed
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
fkl said:
If you are from a visa exempt country, in a skilled worker category and have an LMO, the primary applicant can get his work permit, spouse can get open work permit and even any other visas for children if any, CAN BE granted at the POE.

Just FYI, even if one is NOT from a visa exempt country, and apply to their local embassy, all they receive in their passport is stamped temporary resident visa (which you already don't need) and a letter of introduction. The actual work permit is still issued at the POE.

UPDATE:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=171&t=30
Exactly. finalhope if you don't trust us make a call to CIC or Service Canada and ask them.

shadow123

Sep 4, 2013
fkl said:

UPDATE:

johnny123 said:
Exactly. finalhope if you don't trust us make a call to CIC or Service Canada and ask them.
Me and my husband are from a visa exempt country and I have a LMO under Skilled Level B, so my spouse will qualify for an OWP. I just asked if there is anybody who knows if he will get this at POE too, or if he had to apply for it at the embassy, after I get my WP at POE!?

Will I need a letter of introduction??

The reason why I would like to apply for my work permit at POE, is the strike alert at the embassy´s and the DELAYS they will cause!!!

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
shadow123 said:
Me and my husband are from a visa exempt country and I have a LMO under Skilled Level B, so my spouse will qualify for an OWP. I just asked if there is anybody who knows if he will get this at POE too, or if he had to apply for it at the embassy, after I get my WP at POE!?

Will I need a letter of introduction??

The reason why I would like to apply for my work permit at POE, is the strike alert at the embassy´s and the DELAYS they will cause!!!
That is exactly what i am trying to tell you. Perhaps it wasn't clear enough. If you can get your work permit at POE (and you can), so can he as long as he applies WITH you. You are the primary applicant and he is a dependent spouse. Letter of intro is for those whose work permit needs prior approval.

I myself am from a NON visa exempt country and i applied for my work permit, as well as spouse and kids to the embassy together. The point is - where you can apply for WP as primary applicant, you can apply for the rest of your dependents at the same time. In fact it is encouraged to apply together.

finalhope

Jul 17, 2013
Quote from: Finalhope on August 16, 2013, 02:20:22 am
HI
I'm still hoping for positive LMO to come through but have a question if you can help.

Can I bring details for my wife(open Visa) and two kids(study Visa) and apply for there visa at the same time as mine. They will not be with me at point of entry or do i have to apply through London as i expect.
Thanking you in advance. Irish citizen

This was answer from PM vip member posts 17001
No, you can't. They will have to apply overseas.

Hi @ johnny123
Above is the answer to what i asked but it is great to hear a vip member was not right. I am delighted to hear this news. This forum has been very helpful

shadow123

Sep 4, 2013
fkl said:
That is exactly what i am trying to tell you. Perhaps it wasn't clear enough. If you can get your work permit at POE (and you can), so can he as long as he applies WITH you. You are the primary applicant and he is a dependent spouse. Letter of intro is for those whose work permit needs prior approval.

I myself am from a NON visa exempt country and i applied for my work permit, as well as spouse and kids to the embassy together. The point is - where you can apply for WP as primary applicant, you can apply for the rest of your dependents at the same time. In fact it is encouraged to apply together.
Thanks for explaining me again ;) I just wanted to be sure that I have all Information I Need. Now I am just waiting for a Response from SC that my Name is added to the LMO list.....

Good luck for you and your Family :)

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
finalhope said:
Quote from: Finalhope on August 16, 2013, 02:20:22 am
HI
I'm still hoping for positive LMO to come through but have a question if you can help.

Can I bring details for my wife(open Visa) and two kids(study Visa) and apply for there visa at the same time as mine. They will not be with me at point of entry or do i have to apply through London as i expect.
Thanking you in advance. Irish citizen

This was answer from PM vip member posts 17001
No, you can't. They will have to apply overseas.

Hi @ johnny123
Above is the answer to what i asked but it is great to hear a vip member was not right. I am delighted to hear this news. This forum has been very helpful
I suspect PM thought either your profession is not a skilled one (NOC 0, A or B since only these are allowed to bring their spouse and children - open LMO i.e. the one on which name of employee can be put latter, is usually issued for low skilled categories, hence the chance of mistake) OR he thought you are not from a visa exempt country since only those can take it at POE.

Please also note that to get visas for all people at POE, they HAVE to be entering together as well. The quoted text mentions something like "they will not be with me at the POE". All of these are prerequisites.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
shadow123 said:
Thanks for explaining me again ;) I just wanted to be sure that I have all Information I Need. Now I am just waiting for a Response from SC that my Name is added to the LMO list.....

Good luck for you and your Family :)
Thank you. We are trying to schedule an appointment for medicals now. Same to you.

finalhope

Jul 17, 2013
@ FKl
Thank you for your time and giving such good advice. This is great help and lets me understand all my options now. ;)
how do i +1 your ratings

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
NP any time. The best way to utilize one's frustration of going through the process and waiting is to help others with what you learnt along the way. :)

At bottom left under my profile against every post, there is a good or poor option. Good makes it +1 :)

finalhope

Jul 17, 2013
That's great to hear it came through at last. I'm still waiting for mine to come through. We are going to go POE early October. ;)

sukip

Jun 17, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2013
AOR Received.
07-11-2013
Med's Request
20-12-2013
Med's Done....
28-12-2013
LANDED..........
Already Living in Canada
Hello,

My post grad work permit expiring soon. My employer is planning to apply LMO for me. I am in Montreal. How long does it take? do we have any processing time chart?
And
Now after getting LMO, can i apply for work permit both me and my husband who is on the open work permit which he got depending on me.
so can i apply both for of us together?? or do i have to wait for my work permit and then apply for him.

Please reply!!!!